ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz Plz help on my PSW my situation is very different

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Plz Plz help on my PSW my situation is very different

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:32 pm

My PSW is refused on the ground that my passport fails to show the immigration status for whole study period and i m really surprised because i completed my degree in july and my leave to remain in UK expire on 31st july and still refused and furthermore they given me full rights of appeal and rules clearly says that PSW dont have full rights of appeal. The rules regarding immigration status clearly says that you just need visa nothing else i had travel to my home country two time during my studies because of my father illness but that doesnt matter the rules are underneath
"Points awarded for your immigration status

You can claim 20 points if you can show that during your period of study and/or research in the United Kingdom, you had permission to enter or stay in the United Kingdom as a:

* student; or
* student nurse; or
* student resitting an examination; or
* student writing up a thesis; or
* dependant of someone with leave in any category that allows dependants to join them in the United Kingdom.

We will not award any points if your immigration status was not one of those listed above while you were studying in the United Kingdom towards the qualification that you want to claim points for, and will refuse your application.

You do not need to have lived in the United Kingdom throughout the entire period of your study. It is reasonable to expect, for example, that as a student you may have studied overseas and/or done research while getting the qualification you are claiming points for.

i think this just error from british high commission please guide me am i missing something or this is just an error

My First Visa started from 23 Aug 06 expire on 31st Dec and The leave to remain in starts from Feb till July

thamsinkumar

InshAllah may be helpful

Post by thamsinkumar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Changes to Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)
21 September 2009

From 1 October, you can apply under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) if you have obtained a UK degree, PGCE or PGDE or, in Scotland only, an HND and you studied with any type of immigration permission which allows study. Before, you had to study with student or dependant immigration permission in order to qualify. You must have completed your studies within 12 months of applying under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work). Watch out for new policy guidance and application forms from 1 October.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/index.php

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 am

Thanks for your reply i applied for PSW on 25th June 09 so this new policy doesnt fit into my case

Vanadil

Re: Plz Plz help on my PSW my situation is very different

Post by Vanadil » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 pm

ayaz.ilyas wrote: i completed my degree in july
"Thanks for your reply i applied for PSW on 25th June 09 so this new policy doesnt fit into my case"

So you submitted your application for a PSW visa before you had finished your studies and got your degree?

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

let me explain again i finished my degree on 2nd July 08 and VIsa expire on 31 July 08 and i have applied for PSW from Pakistan- Karachi on 25thJune 09.

They refused on ground that my passport fails to how the immigration status but my Leave to remain in UK expires after completion of my degree.

i hope this description will clear everything

Thanks