ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 5yrs Work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky28
Newly Registered

ILR - 5yrs Work permit

Post by lucky28 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi,

i am applying for ILR under 5 yrs working permit, i could like to clarify few info, they are

(i) i am applying along with 2 depenedent (spouse + child), should i need to complete more 1 form (i.e.) one form for each dependent. Also should i complete FORM SET(M) for dependents?

(ii) Should my dependents need to accompany myself?

(iii) do dependents to complete 2yrs of UK stay?

Can anyone please answer my above queries?

Regards
Lucky

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Have a look at the Set(O) form and guidance notes. If your dependents are applying at the same time as you then you can include them on the same form as yourself.

They do not need to accompany you

If applying as WP then no, i believe the 2year requirement is for people applying as 'points based applicants'

sanak

Post by sanak » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:51 pm

check the guidance

lucky28
Newly Registered

Post by lucky28 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 pm

thanks guys,,, i have looked at the guidence but it isnt clear to me in the first instance .. but anyways i will go though once again...

thanks again for your replies

Rgrds
Lucky

Markie

Re: ILR - 5yrs Work permit

Post by Markie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 am

i. You can't use Set (M) as you are not been granted yet ILR besides this form is only applicable for spouse/partner. Use Set (O).

ii. Its your decision but bear in mind there is a huge waiting time so better not to bring them along unless you have no where to have them cared for (especially kids).

iii. This 2yr period applies under Set (M), the same stay period as you will be in effect to your dependants.

lucky28 wrote:Hi,

i am applying for ILR under 5 yrs working permit, i could like to clarify few info, they are

(i) i am applying along with 2 depenedent (spouse + child), should i need to complete more 1 form (i.e.) one form for each dependent. Also should i complete FORM SET(M) for dependents?

(ii) Should my dependents need to accompany myself?

(iii) do dependents to complete 2yrs of UK stay?

Can anyone please answer my above queries?

Regards
Lucky