ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Terrorist Blasts

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Smit
Member of Standing

Terrorist Blasts

Post by Smit » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:35 pm

I am sure we are watching the scenes unfolding before us in London with horror and I offer my prayers to the dead and injured victims of this global evil.

My immediate reaction is that there may be a short term feeling of anger towards ethnic minorities and migrants living in the UK, although I hope this does not happen. As you may have seen on TV, ethnic minorities as well as others were injured by the blasts and I do hope what happened in the US post 9/11 does not happen here in the UK.

mmhtn
Newly Registered

Post by mmhtn » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:58 pm

This is very very bad of what has happened.

ShoaibJaved

very sad

Post by ShoaibJaved » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:20 pm

This is truly sad. I have not gone to the town centre to see poeples reaction but I am sure that there will be short term and long term effects of this incident and we the immigrants will be on the receiving end and especially the people from the muslim community (an easy target).

And its going to make my job hunt much harder.

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:39 pm

I prey to god for all those who have lost their live in this attack. May their soul rest in peace and their families have full sympathy from me

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:08 am

Terrorists who murder innocent office workers do not represent any religion or ethnicity and hopefully the vast majority are able to understand this and will not vent their anger at skilled workers of minority community who are contributing to their economy and not claiming any state benefits. May Almighty give strength to family members of the victims.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:26 am

Im a Brazilian guy, of European descent, white & non practising Christian, recently naturalised British. I agree that people who commit attrocities like the one in London do not form "true" part of any religious group.

What they do instead is justify barbaric actions through misunderstood concepts, be they religious, social, political or environmental. They would make a much better point by helping their societies and communities, contributing to the wider well being of all.

I would like to see a stronger union of the faith-communities and government having open discussion and guidance at schools, at an early age, to stop the development of suicide bombers in this and other civilised countries.

My heart goes out to all those people affected by the dreadful terrorists in London - and also to all those law abiding wonderful Muslim people in Britain that are paying a high price for the stupidity of few.

:cry:

Rogerio

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Thank you, Rogerio.

BTW,
I am really impressed by the british government's way to tackling the issue, they did far better than their US allies.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:18 pm

I doubt they have done thier best. Another incident has seem to have occured http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:35 pm

I just hope that this is the last we will hear of this, but I guess I should not be holding my breath.

At least I guess no one was killed today.

:(

R