ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hiteshdargan

Applying tomorrow

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 am

Hi

I am applying tomorrow for my Tier 1 general from India, i am still left with two doubts

1) My PGDBM is there on the PBS calculator but is being awarded zero points, I have obtained a NARIC letter which confirms the PGDBM to be equivalent to masters. Which option should i select in the self assessment calculator out of the following
- qualification on point based calculator
- qualification not on the point based calculator but a UK NARIC letter enclosed

2) My original certificate does not have a date of award, it only mentions the year. Do i need to put in a letter from institute mentioning the date of award, as per my understanding the date of award will be the date on which the final result was declared? Please confirm

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Applying tomorrow

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:01 am

hiteshdargan wrote:Hi

I am applying tomorrow for my Tier 1 general from India, i am still left with two doubts

1) My PGDBM is there on the PBS calculator but is being awarded zero points, I have obtained a NARIC letter which confirms the PGDBM to be equivalent to masters. Which option should i select in the self assessment calculator out of the following
- qualification not on the point based calculator but a UK NARIC letter enclosed

You have already discussed this matter here. :?

2) My original certificate does not have a date of award, it only mentions the year. Do i need to put in a letter from institute mentioning the date of award, as per my understanding the date of award will be the date on which the final result was declared? Please confirm

Guidance says degree must show date of award. To be on safe side you can submit a letter from University or any other transcripts/letter/notifications for your degree mentioning the date of award.

are as follows:
i) Original certificate of award of the qualification. This document must be the original (not a copy) and must clearly show the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the award;
• date of the award; and
• name of the awarding institution.
We will not accept original provisional certificates
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf page 19 of 44

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 am

I have a letter from my institute stating that the course started in july 2003 and was completed in may 2005. Will this do, because i doubt that they will issue a letter with exact dates

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:51 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:

I have a letter from my institute stating that the course started in july 2003 and was completed in may 2005. Will this do, because i doubt that they will issue a letter with exact dates
If they can give letter with exact dates it would be better, otherwise attach this letter and explain in cover letter. Anyway, you are going to give your institute's address, so if they have any doubt they will contact your institute.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:38 am

mvent00 wrote:
hiteshdargan wrote:

If they can give letter with exact dates it would be better, otherwise attach this letter and explain in cover letter. Anyway, you are going to give your institute's address, so if they have any doubt they will contact your institute.
Thank you for your patience and prompt replies.

Please clarify one more point. The date of award will be:
- the date the final result was declared
or
- the date the certificate was handed over at the convocation ceremony

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 am

hiteshdargan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:
hiteshdargan wrote:

Thank you for your patience and prompt replies.

Please clarify one more point. The date of award will be:
- the date the final result was declared
or
- the date the certificate was handed over at the convocation ceremony
Normally it is the date of convocation.

hiteshdargan

Previous earning

Post by hiteshdargan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:07 am

Hi

I am claiming my earnings from 1 october 08 - 30 september 09.

The problem i am facing is that in November 08, on 20th i have been transferred a conveyance reimbursment ( this is not a part of my salary) which is reflecting in the bank statement as salary.

At the end of the month i have been transferred my salary and that matches my salary slip for november 08.

I have not included the reimbursment in previous earnings, do i need to give an explanation for this reimbursment entry reflecting in the statement as salary

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Previous earning

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 am

I am claiming my earnings from 1 october 08 - 30 september 09.

The problem i am facing is that in November 08, on 20th i have been transferred a conveyance reimbursment ( this is not a part of my salary) which is reflecting in the bank statement as salary.

At the end of the month i have been transferred my salary and that matches my salary slip for november 08.

I have not included the reimbursment in previous earnings, do i need to give an explanation for this reimbursment entry reflecting in the statement as salary

Yes, you can give explaination in cover letter about it. If you have some notification from your employer, you may also include that. Anyway, this would not be a problem as you are not claiming that money.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

hi hiteshdargan

Did you apply tier1 form or yet to apply?

if applied,please share your exp as I am also planning to apply for tier1 from pune VFS.

Where (which city)are you applying your tier1 form?

Tx
Sampath

hiteshdargan

Previous earning another query

Post by hiteshdargan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi

I am claiming previous earning from 1 october 2008 - 30 september 2009.

My september 2009 salary was transferred on 29 september 2009. Should i take the currency exchange rate of 29 september 2009 or 30 september 2009.

Is this a major point for the assessing officer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Previous earning another query

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm

My september 2009 salary was transferred on 29 september 2009. Should i take the currency exchange rate of 29 september 2009 or 30 september 2009.

As per Tier 1 guidance, for previous earnings, last date of claimed period, i.e., 30 September 2009´s exchange rate will be used. For maintenance funds the exchange rates on the date of application will be used.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

mvent00 wrote:

As per Tier 1 guidance, for previous earnings, last date of claimed period, i.e., 30 September 2009´s exchange rate will be used. For maintenance funds the exchange rates on the date of application will be used.
I am applying on 21 october 2009, my statement is dated 30 september 2009. Do i need to provide statement from 1 - 21 october as well for maintenance fund

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

hiteshdargan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

I am applying on 21 october 2009, my statement is dated 30 september 2009. Do i need to provide statement from 1 - 21 october as well for maintenance fund
No, you do not need that. It is okay. The proof was issued within one month before the date of application, so there should be no problem.

hiteshdargan

Post by hiteshdargan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 am

mvent00 wrote:
hiteshdargan wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

No, you do not need that. It is okay. The proof was issued within one month before the date of application, so there should be no problem.
Thanks a ton MVent00 , i got my tier 1 today