ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Birth Correction on Residence Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fadibatti
Newly Registered

Date of Birth Correction on Residence Permit

Post by fadibatti » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:03 pm

Hello –

I have Residence permit stamped in the passport that has my wrong date of birth mentioned. I went through the process of rectifying this through the local consulate in UK. The consulate has now rectified the DOB in the same passport that has the Residence Permit affixed in one of the pages. Now the Residence permit shows the variation in DOB of course. Please advise as to,

1.How can this be corrected overall.
2.Can I simply go to any PEO and request for correction
3.Is this normal to request for a fresh sticker to be affixed on new/renewed/corrected passport
4.Does the information shown on the Residence Permit Sticker/Visa taken off of the passport i.e. exact name, DOB etc
5.What forms to be used
6.whats the correct fee

I would appreciate your time and advice. Thanks

Fadibatti

fadibatti
Newly Registered

Post by fadibatti » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:04 am

Kayalami, John -

Any info on the above matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:37 am

fadibatti, you are not being ignored, I simply don't know the answer! But that might be because I don't understand the problem.

Your date of birth was wrong when your passport was issued by your country of nationality? And then the UK Residence Permit was issued again showing that incorrect date of birth? Then you got your passport changed at a consulate in the UK? And now you wonder what to do now that the corrected passport and Residence Permit show different dates of birth?

Is all that correct or have I misunderstood? If so, where did I go wrong?
John

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:35 am

Fadibatti,

1. Send application or make in person application to Home Office for a new RP.

2. Yes. An appointment (other than Croydon) and fee will be required.

3.It is not unusual. Application must be paid for given that its for a New RP based on corrected DOB i.e. its not a HO error.

4. It should be.

5. Depends - is your RP limited (FLR O) or indefinite (NTL).

6. GBP 500 in person, GBP 335 by post.

I hope that helps

fadibatti
Newly Registered

Post by fadibatti » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks Kayalami.

John - Yes your understanding is correct. I need to get the DOB corrected on the Residence Permit.