ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTREMELY URGENT QUERY re certs -Applying in person tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kishverma
Newly Registered

EXTREMELY URGENT QUERY re certs -Applying in person tomorrow

Post by kishverma » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi
I am due an in-person appointment tomorrow at PEO Croydon and have just realized that I don't have my Original Masters Degree certificate with me. I have a remote hope that I may find it in the reams of documentation that I am currently going through.

I do have all the academic transcripts and a consolidated markssheet but from what I can read on the HomeOffice website, the original academic certificate seems to be the most important.

Any suggestions?

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:58 pm

is it extention case or a new application

If it is extention you might be able to get away with it

kishverma
Newly Registered

cert missing

Post by kishverma » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 pm

No it is not an extension. I am switching from Work Permit to Tier 1 so I think it is treated as initial application

hsmp12345

Re: cert missing

Post by hsmp12345 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:07 pm

kishverma wrote:No it is not an extension. I am switching from Work Permit to Tier 1 so I think it is treated as initial application
Yes, it would be treated as initial application and you should have original degree certificate with you as per UKBA guidelines.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm

the other possibility is to ask them to ring the institution you studied at with your Student Number and confirm from there but again it depends on case worker

kishverma
Newly Registered

-

Post by kishverma » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi innocentdevil
2 things

1. It is almost impossible to guarantee that someone sitting in the University College in Pune will answer the call at all.

2. Please bear in mind this is an in-person appointment which the case-worker can't spend too much time on an application especially considering that they aim to return the passports the same evening.

Thanks
Kishverma

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:57 pm

You will almost certainly need the orginal degree certificate.

Have you also ensured that you have enough maitainance funds for the past 3 months?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: cert missing

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:36 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:
kishverma wrote:No it is not an extension. I am switching from Work Permit to Tier 1 so I think it is treated as initial application
Yes, it would be treated as initial application and you should have original degree certificate with you as per UKBA guidelines.

I assumed you were in the UK. In that case the degree is a must as you have said it yourself. Good Luck though

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:42 pm

have you attended your appointment. were you able to find your degree certificate?