ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which is the best bank to open account???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

successful
Newly Registered

which is the best bank to open account???

Post by successful » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi,

I am here in UK under Tier 1. I am going to open an account in a bank. Which bank is considered to be the best in terms of paper work like easy availability of attested statements and all paperwork. Please suggest where I should open account???

Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: which is the best bank to open account???

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

successful wrote:Hi,

I am here in UK under Tier 1. I am going to open an account in a bank. Which bank is considered to be the best in terms of paper work like easy availability of attested statements and all paperwork. Please suggest where I should open account???

Regards
HSBC, Lyods TSB, Barclays are good. For availability of statements etc. I think all banks are more or less similar.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:25 am

Possibly you are asking thinking your extension application. With respect to the rules valid today, unless you have urgent requirements (like I did) you will not normally need to talk with your bank for any requirements.

Just start preparing your extension application well before your current visa expires and constantly check the changing rules (especially the last 6 months before your visa expires).

The banks may offer you online statements. At least until your extension application, do not switch to online statements. The paper statements generally arrive in 5-10 working days. The banks will be reluctant to give any form of specific letter or even sign and stamp your extraordinary (ad hoc, electronic) statements.

But as mentioned, if you keep following the changes in rules and apply in time, you will not encounter the hassle.

sanblazer
Newly Registered

Post by sanblazer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Last edited by sanblazer on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: which is the best bank to open account???

Post by imran22 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 pm

successful wrote:Hi,

Regards
I think HSBC is the best i am with HSBC for last 7 years and never had any problems

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:29 pm

I would suggest you to go for Citi as they provide the monthly statment in the printed stationery delivered to your home everymonth. This is very useful when we need for any reason.