ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Setllement Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Urbankurri
Newly Registered

Setllement Visa

Post by Urbankurri » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:51 am

Hey everyone, my husband who is currently living in pakistan has applied for a settlement visa for the UK. He applied in mid July but there has not been any response just yet. We have heard that it takes the full 12 weeks to process the application which is fair enough. i think the 12 weeks are over now but my husband is now saying that apparently the sponsor will have to phone the embassy and find out whats happening about the application because if i dont phone they are not going to speed up the application and if i do phone, he will get a response quicker... is this true? or is my hubby being impatient? i know at the moment, there are " severe IT problems" which is delaying all the applications but we have been told NOT to phone and enquiry about the visa application. My cousin got married 1 year and half ago and both of them, her and her hubby constantly phoned and phoned and the embassy got so annoyed that, he still waiting on his visa till this date.. I urge everyone PLEASE DONT PHONE and enquire about ur visa application because they do get annoyed and it does not help anyone.. please be patient.. but ANYWAY... can anyone answer my question and can anyone also tell me any update of anything at all.... what the latest on the visa application process?? how long will i get response? please update me... thank you!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=3460

You need to post in above.You will most likely get an answer in there rather than here.