ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venga_pal

Visit Visa for parents

Post by venga_pal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi Guys

I have tried searching posts related to Visit visa but in vain.

I hold ILR in UK and working full time. I expect to be a father by January 2010. My Wife is on spouse Visa.

My parents would like to be here for support and to welcome the new one.

I am planning on applying for Visit Visa for them.

I was told Visit Visa may be declined if pregnancy is mentioned as a reason. Is that true?

My another query is...

My father owns a small business apart from being a farmer. There is no clear evidence for his earnings from business or agriculture. They (my Mom & dad) have property (land and house) on their name to suggest motive to go back.

Do you think I may have an issue in getting them the visa? I am sure some one amongst you may have similar situation.

I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks,
Kind regards,
V.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:18 am

Yes you can apply for a visitor visa for your parents. The "pregnancy" issue should make no difference. Infact it is an advantage if they have a grandchild that they will want to see for the first time.

You are right about your other comments. You need to show there are enough incentives for them to return back home. These include family, land,property etc.

You as the sponsor need to send more or a less the same documents you did for your wife ( employment letter, bank statements, housing info,sponsorship declaration and a letter explaining why you want your parents here for the visit.)

Forms canbe downloaded from UKBA website
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/VAF1B

Hope this helps

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am

BatleyKhan,

Thanks a Lot for the Reply!!!

Thanks for the useful information.

Regards,
Venu.

P.S: Apologies for posting in the wrong section.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 am

send me your email, iwill send you a sample letter and sponsor dec form you can use

Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm

ThanX batleykhan . your answers have helped me also . venga_pal , my situation is very very similar to you. only difference is our baby is due in March :D Batleykhan , can you send me that letter also please. I am sending my email id to you.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Sent to your email :D

sman
Newly Registered

Re: Visit Visa for parents

Post by sman » Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Batley khan,

I just this blog, and your response to all of them. Is it possible for you to share the format of the sponsorship declaration form to my email id?

I am pregnant and my due is 02nd December 2017 and am only child to my parents and want them here with me for my first baby delivery.

Please help.

Sincerely,
Sharmilaa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit Visa for parents

Post by CR001 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:25 pm

sman wrote:Hi Batley khan,

I just this blog, and your response to all of them. Is it possible for you to share the format of the sponsorship declaration form to my email id?

I am pregnant and my due is 02nd December 2017 and am only child to my parents and want them here with me for my first baby delivery.

Please help.

Sincerely,
Sharmilaa.
This topic is from 2009. Kindly refrain from digging up old posts. Start your own topic with your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.