ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mah

Dependents document

Post by mah » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:21 am

Hi mates,

I have a question regarding the documents. I am on HSMP and want to extend under tier 1. My dependants are with me in the UK.

Should I show the Marriage certificate for my wife and Birth certificate for my child?

The problem is that I have just the translation copies of these documents not the original ones !!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Dependents document

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:42 am

You MUST submit all original documents along with certified translations, if applicable, otherwise their applications might be rejected. Why not try to obtain a duplicate copy of birth and marriage certificates??
mah wrote:Hi mates,

I have a question regarding the documents. I am on HSMP and want to extend under tier 1. My dependants are with me in the UK.

Should I show the Marriage certificate for my wife and Birth certificate for my child?

The problem is that I have just the translation copies of these documents not the original ones !!

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 am

mvent00 wrote:You MUST submit all original documents along with certified translations, if applicable, otherwise their applications might be rejected. Why not try to obtain a duplicate copy of birth and marriage certificates??
mah wrote:Hi mates,

Dear mvent00,

It will take a long time to get them in my country. but I have the photocopy and the official translations !!? By the way, when they have the HSMP Partner and Kid visa why should I give these documents again for the extension??

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 am

mah wrote: It will take a long time to get them in my country. but I have the photocopy and the official translations !!? By the way, when they have the HSMP Partner and Kid visa why should I give these documents again for the extension??
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=44175

Stud
Newly Registered

Post by Stud » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am

Marriage certificate is a proof that She is still related to you.

It is part of her application to prove her dependency.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:00 pm

In some EU countries, they ask for marriage certificates dated no more than six months old to the date of application. This is just to know if the relationship still exists or not?
Stud wrote:Marriage certificate is a proof that She is still related to you.

It is part of her application to prove her dependency.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:11 pm

How it can be ? It's still same certificate. It's not like, certification of renewal. I never heard of invalidation of marriage certificate, in case of marriage breakage.

It's still old dated certificate. I assuem, most of people use same marraige certificate, they got once after marriage.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:36 pm

gotcha wrote:
How it can be ? It's still same certificate. It's not like, certification of renewal. I never heard of invalidation of marriage certificate, in case of marriage breakage.

It's still old dated certificate. I assuem, most of people use same marraige certificate, they got once after marriage.
Yes, but they ask for a fresh certificate. Of course the particulars will be same, if the couple did not separate, even after 40 years of marriage. The freshly issued certificate means that the relationship still exists. I was also surprised to hear this, but it is like this. And it makes sense.