ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(o) form general questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsac1301
Newly Registered

SET(o) form general questions

Post by hsac1301 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

Hi,

I have some doubts regarding ILR SET(o) form.
I am applying under tier1+hsmp(not JR)+wp holder categories.

I have following questions regarding filling the form:

1.10 Home Office reference if you have one

Please advise

Is this our ref on wp or hsmp or tier1 approval letters from home office i.e all are different)

SECT ION 3 - WHICH CAT EGORY ?

As I am currently on tier1 ,Do i need to tick hsmp and wp holder as well?
S ECT ION 5 - YOUR HOME AND F INANCE S

we have bought our own flat on mortgage. Which document to provide.

Section 6

6.2 Date left UK: there are not any stamps on my passport from LHR while departing.

Please advise if it is ok to write the date of arrivals in india here.

Section 9

Do i need to tick 9L tier1 or (9L tier1,9G HSMP, 9B WP Holder)

PHOTOGRAPHS AND DOCUMENTS CHECKL LIST

Birth certificate
I am applying ILR for my spouse with me, Do i need to provide this.

Thanks
Hsac

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 pm

1.10 >>> dont bother much about this.. leave it blank

SECT ION 3 - WHICH CAT EGORY ? >>>> As currently you are on Tier1 you should tick Tier1 category only
S ECT ION 5 - YOUR HOME AND F INANCE S >>>> Just give the details about your mortgage like how much you will pay per month... no need for any additional docs for this as this is covered on your bank statements

6.2 Date left UK: there are not any stamps on my passport from LHR while departing >>>>> its always better give both date left and date arrival

Section 9

Do i need to tick 9L tier1 or (9L tier1,9G HSMP, 9B WP Holder) >>>> as mentioned above tick only Tier1
Birth certificate
I am applying ILR for my spouse with me, Do i need to provide this. >>>> your spouse Passport has got the date of birth, so i think this is not required but take this doc along with you.. in case if they ask then provide it to them.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Need help in filling the Set(0)form for ILR which I am due in a few months time.

Q1)Section 3

I first came as a dependent ,then switched to work permit,then to HSMP and then now on Tier-1.Due to ILR in March 2010 so was wondering if I need to tick all the categories I was in or just the present category i,e Tier-1.

Q2)Section 6

6.1 - Should I mention when I first entered as a dependent or as a work-permit holder since the question seems a bit tricky.It asks for the date of first entry at the beginning of period of stay on which the application is based.Since dependent period wont be counted ,I though it was from the work-permit date.Any suggestions please?

6.2 - I dont remember all the dates since we did go on short vacations to Europe and India but difficult to find on the passport.Anyways I can contact the home office for a list of my entry and exit list.

What is SAR form by the way and is it useful for this application.

Also,should the dependent also not have been out of the country for more than three months a year.

Thank You

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 pm

positivesolitude wrote:Need help in filling the Set(0)form for ILR which I am due in a few months time.

Q1)Section 3

I first came as a dependent ,then switched to work permit,then to HSMP and then now on Tier-1.Due to ILR in March 2010 so was wondering if I need to tick all the categories I was in or just the present category i,e Tier-1.

Q2)Section 6

6.1 - Should I mention when I first entered as a dependent or as a work-permit holder since the question seems a bit tricky.It asks for the date of first entry at the beginning of period of stay on which the application is based.Since dependent period wont be counted ,I though it was from the work-permit date.Any suggestions please?

6.2 - I dont remember all the dates since we did go on short vacations to Europe and India but difficult to find on the passport.Anyways I can contact the home office for a list of my entry and exit list.

What is SAR form by the way and is it useful for this application.

Also,should the dependent also not have been out of the country for more than three months a year.

Thank You
Q1 >>> always put a tick for the current status

Q2 6.1>>> As you mentioned you are not counting the period for dependent and only WP + Tier1 is for 5 yrs then you can mention WP start date only.
Why dont you count your dependent time as well?

6.2 >>>> I suggest give all details even it is very short gap like 2 or 3 days visit to paris etc

Not sure about SAR.

If you are the main applicant then no need to mention dependent's out side UK dates etc.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks a lot for your valuable input.Does coming as a student dependant even count towards ILR.I thought you need to have been here only on certain categories.

Is there any way of contacting the home office for a list of my entry and exit dates that are on their records.

Thanks