ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comparable to British Post Graduate diploma standard

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mn2408
Newly Registered

Comparable to British Post Graduate diploma standard

Post by mn2408 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello,

I have to apply for tier 1 visa general. I sent my post graduate diploma degree that was equivalent to MCA to NARIC. I got assessment that my diploma is comparable to British Post Graduate diploma standard.

Can anybody tell meif i will qualify for Master's criteria? This PGD assessment falls in band 12 of UK NARIC doc under Masterscolumn.[/code][/quote]

skano
Newly Registered

pg

Post by skano » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 pm

have you applied for your tier 1? how many points did you get finally.

npanglia

Re: Comparable to British Post Graduate diploma standard

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:46 am

mn2408 wrote: Can anybody tell meif i will qualify for Master's criteria? This PGD assessment falls in band 12 of UK NARIC doc under Masterscolumn.

Similar Thread has been initiated previoisly.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 8f459eb80c

People will say.. does PBS grant you points. I dont understand why they ask this since Someone will approach NARIC only if system does not grant 35 points. So what the point of asking this question.

Research done so far by me suggests that PG diploma does not qualify for 35 points - This is just an opinion. If your receive any other update, please let me know as well.

Solution -
However if you can get equivalency certificate from AICTE or AIU that it is equivalent to Indian Masters degree, then you can appeal back to NARIC again to compare it to British Masters degree and then qualify for 35 points. The thread below will guide you for that:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=47070

I am sailing in the same boat. :(

skano
Newly Registered

some people have received 35 point for pgd

Post by skano » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 am

I know of a few people who have received 35 points for PGD. Therefore, i am confused on the algorithm that UKBA follows.