ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application form questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa application form questions

Post by amybaniya » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:50 am

Hi all,
I've been on here before with a few questions about the spouse visa process but this time I have a couple of questions about the application form itself. I'm a bit unsure as to how my husband needs to answer them and I know it's vital we put in the right information, so any help would be grateful.

In part 1, section 1.3, it says to list any other names the applicant has been known by. My husband has a nickname, nothing more nothing less, and informed immigration of this when in detention, does he need to put this name in the form even though it is just a nickname (that is barely used now)?

In part 6, section 6.1, the question asks 'Have you travelled to the U.K. in the last 10 years? My husband has, but the my queston lies with what he needs to put under the 'duration' section. Does he put in here the duration his visa allowed him to stay here legally? Or the whole duration of his stay, including the overstay of his visa?

In section 6.3, the question asks 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the U.K? My husband was never refused a visa for entry to the U.K., however he was refused an extension on his visa whilst in the U.K.-do we need to put that into this section despite the fact we have put this information in section 6.7 ('Have you made any applications to remain in the U.K?)

That's all the questions I have from the form itself, sorry to waffle on but obviously my husband and I don't want to put in any incorrect information. I do have another couple of general questions...so once again, any help, is always appreciated.

From peoples personal experiences, how long have you waited to find out about the result of a spouse visa application? Can I expect to wait longer because of the fact my husband overstayed etc?

Also, I am looking to move from my current residence due to unforseen circumstances, if I were to submit a letter from my new landlord and tenancy agreement from my new residence, will this suffice as proof of address and where my husband will be living despite the fact all of my bills show my current address?

And last but not least, and this is probably a stupid question but...
Will the ECO Officer have access to all of the paperwork/info given by my husband whilst he was in detention? Such as interviews etc?

Sorry to have so many questions, I look forward to some responses!

Thanks,
Amy

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Amy
Hi all,
I've been on here before with a few questions about the spouse visa process but this time I have a couple of questions about the application form itself. I'm a bit unsure as to how my husband needs to answer them and I know it's vital we put in the right information, so any help would be grateful.
In part 1, section 1.3, it says to list any other names the applicant has been known by. My husband has a nickname, nothing more nothing less, and informed immigration of this when in detention, does he need to put this name in the form even though it is just a nickname (that is barely used now)?
You dont put any nickname. Only his proper names that he has changed legally
In part 6, section 6.1, the question asks 'Have you travelled to the U.K. in the last 10 years? My husband has, but the my queston lies with what he needs to put under the 'duration' section. Does he put in here the duration his visa allowed him to stay here legally? Or the whole duration of his stay, including the overstay of his visa?
You put the duration of his whole stay( including overstay)otherwise they will accuse you of lying and this could have serious implications ( better to be honest and truthful with facts)
In section 6.3, the question asks 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the U.K? My husband was never refused a visa for entry to the U.K., however he was refused an extension on his visa whilst in the U.K.-do we need to put that into this section despite the fact we have put this information in section 6.7 ('Have you made any applications to remain in the U.K?)
If he was in the UK as an over stayer and was refused, it would still be classified as a refusal, so he would need to declare it (thats my opinion)

That's all the questions I have from the form itself, sorry to waffle on but obviously my husband and I don't want to put in any incorrect information. I do have another couple of general questions...so once again, any help, is always appreciated.
From peoples personal experiences, how long have you waited to find out about the result of a spouse visa application? Can I expect to wait longer because of the fact my husband overstayed etc?
It depends where he is applying from. It can take anything from 3 weeks to 5 months. Your husbands application will be considered when its his turn in the queue.Sometime there is a delay with applications on which the ECO will need more information and background

Also, I am looking to move from my current residence due to unforseen circumstances, if I were to submit a letter from my new landlord and tenancy agreement from my new residence, will this suffice as proof of address and where my husband will be living despite the fact all of my bills show my current address?
If the tennancy agreement is valid at the time of his application and this is where you intend to reside if and when he comes over, this is ok and yes you can supply documents from your current address, as long as you explain this arrangement to the ECO
And last but not least, and this is probably a stupid question but...
Will the ECO Officer have access to all of the paperwork/info given by my husband whilst he was in detention? Such as interviews etc?
Yes it is possible that the ECO could request this when looking at his application

Sorry to have so many questions, I look forward to some responses!

Thanks,
Amy
My advice to you is to be honest and truthful with all the facts. Put everything in an explanatory letter along with your hubbys application. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.

You are not by any chance the Amy from Scotland are you?

Good luck

amybaniya
Newly Registered

Post by amybaniya » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Ahh thankyou so much, that really has cleared up my questions! A great help as always. My husband has always intended to br truthful in his application, we just weren't sure about where to put certain bits of info!
And no, good guess, but Im not Amy from Scotland, Im Amy from London!
Thanks again so much!