ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depedent Tier1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmuralik

Depedent Tier1 Visa

Post by gmuralik » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi Group

I just wanted to ask you about depedent visa. my wife is in UK with work permit but will be resigning her job. to change it to Tier1 depedent, cant she do it from UK itself?

Thank you for your valuable suggestions/comments.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Depedent Tier1 Visa

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:52 pm

gmuralik wrote:Hi Group

I just wanted to ask you about depedent visa. my wife is in UK with work permit but will be resigning her job. to change it to Tier1 depedent, cant she do it from UK itself?

Thank you for your valuable suggestions/comments.
She has to apply from outside UK..

for more info.. please click HERE and click on SWITCHING in to Dependent Route..

incase link doesnt open...

Switching in to the dependant route
This page explains the circumstances in which you can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of someone who is already here in the highly skilled worker category (Tier 1 General) without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance (permission to come to the United Kingdom).

How you can switch in to the dependant route
You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

an innovator;
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or the previous Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme);
a postgraduate doctor or dentist,
a student;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis; or
a work permit holder.

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Post by new~b0y » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi,

I'm having a same situation as well. My wife would like to get Tier1 Dependant but she's on WP.

I heard with the help of solicitors / agents, it would be possible for her to apply within UK. How true is that?

Thank you.

gmuralik

Post by gmuralik » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Thank You Ramesh. Do you know the reason for applying outside UK?

If i am swtiching over to tier2 dependent, i dont need to go ouside. this can happen with in country.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 pm

gmuralik wrote:Thank You Ramesh. Do you know the reason for applying outside UK?

If i am swtiching over to tier2 dependent, i dont need to go ouside. this can happen with in country.
i think this says all...

You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

and i think ur wife is the main WP Holder?? hmm have to look into the Tier2 rules for this.. am not sure as of now..