ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Response from DCSF regarding Early Education

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gautat

Response from DCSF regarding Early Education

Post by gautat » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Guys,

Just thought to let everyone know the response I got from Agency.

Dear ****

Thank you for your email dated **** about the free entitlement for 3 to 4 year olds.

According to the Code of Practice for the early years free entitlement, a child moving to England from another country is entitled to free early education on the same basis as any other child regardless of whether they have British citizenship.

The free early education entitlement is a guarantee of a free place. It is not a voucher or a grant to parents. Your local authority funds your nursery education provider to deliver the free place.

If you only take up the minimum free entitlement to12.5 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year - you should not be asked to pay any fees. You should not be asked to take up additional hours as a condition of accessing your free place. If you choose to take up additional hours then you may be charged a fee. This is a private matter between you and your nursery.

If you require any further information I would advise that you contact your local authority, as they control matters regarding the free entitlement for each area. You can find the contact details of your local authority by searching on the following web page: http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/everychildmatters/_contacts/.

I hope that this information proves helpful.