ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension to Tier-1 - after expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faded
Newly Registered

HSMP extension to Tier-1 - after expiry

Post by Faded » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi,

My HSMP visa expires 1/11/09, as does my wife's tier-1 partner. I submitted my application for extension yesterday, and today I found out that my bank (HSBC) has blocked the payment transfer.

I'm expecting the whole application to be returned to me, but I'm not confident this will give me enough time to resubmit before 1/11/09.

My question is, will an application for extension to Tier-1 general after my current leave expires still be valid?

On the application form, it seems if I answer the following questions to this effect, the application should still be valid (I would just not be able to work):

D28. Was this application submitted before the applicant’s leave expired?
No - go to question D30

D30. Does the applicant currently have an appeal with the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
No - go to Part E

I'm quite concerned they will take a long time to return my documents which will delay my re-application :S

Any advice much appreciated.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:52 pm

i personally think you should have submitted the application allowing yourself 4 weeks as per guidance.

anyway, there have been some cases where application was sent after the expiry and positive result was achieved.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension to Tier-1 - after expiry

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm

I hope it would be returned before expiry date. You can submit it again.
Faded wrote:Hi,

My HSMP visa expires 1/11/09, as does my wife's tier-1 partner. I submitted my application for extension yesterday, and today I found out that my bank (HSBC) has blocked the payment transfer.

Faded
Newly Registered

Post by Faded » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:54 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i personally think you should have submitted the application allowing yourself 4 weeks as per guidance.

anyway, there have been some cases where application was sent after the expiry and positive result was achieved.
I had every intention of submitting earlier, however HSBC refused to provide me with certified copies of my up-to-date bank statements in branch. I had to wait until the final statements were delivered (which again was delayed by royal mail strikes) to ensure the maintenence evidence was not >1 month old.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Faded wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:i personally think you should have submitted the application allowing yourself 4 weeks as per guidance.

I had every intention of submitting earlier, however HSBC refused to provide me with certified copies of my up-to-date bank statements in branch. I had to wait until the final statements were delivered (which again was delayed by royal mail strikes) to ensure the maintenence evidence was not >1 month old.
i popped into HSBC branch and the guy was happy to print me the latest bank statement. I also asked him to attached his visiting card with it (HSBC Employee) which he did.

Bare in mind, HSBC don't stamp the printouts but it does contain the official HSBC paper with your bank account number, your name but not the address. the statement also contains the bank brand where you got them printed from.

I paid by credit card without any issue.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm

innocentdevil wrote:
Faded wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:I paid by credit card without any issue.
Unfortunately even if you have same bank card it might decline transaction for one while allow it for other person.

Banks don't reveal why this is done but it is to do with card using habbits. Where the card was used in past, spending habbits etc.

Or i am not sure if it was rejected due to insufficient limit. I know somebody on this forum got declined because they didn't have enough limit left. So it is applicant's responsibility to make sure of these.

It is always better to leave few hundred pounds even thousand as a safe side

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 pm

I remmember once i was paying an airline ticket with credit card whose limit was equal to what i had to pay.

It got declined. I called the bank to find out whats happening i was told that the airline tried to charge a penny and then refunded just to check card details

Although it will not appear on the card it takes a day or two to disappear and that was the cause of decline

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:11 pm

could be. I also have a bank account with alliance & Leicester and for some bizzare reason the bank transfer isn't instant so instead of transferring money from that account into another, i just went to the branch so that I could withdraw 1000 pounds but I was stuck by surprise as the lady at counter said I have to order money a day in advance to do so and the reason she gave me was "they have to manage the cash flow" .

anyway, i rang the main head office and they had to increase my withdrawal limit from 250 to 1000 and it remains at 1000 now.

but i have to say, alliance & leicester sucks :lol: :lol:

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:14 pm

A similar case, that is why I hope it would be returned before your expiry date. You better prepare for resubmitting it. As innocent.... has just mentioned, you can go to HSBC branch. You have time to prepare fresh evidence for maintenance funds (if you cannot use previous one). Good luck.
Last edited by mvent00 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:18 pm

I think your application will come back before the expiry date..

just make sure you do all your other payment process ready to send it back as soon as you receive it;

make sure you send it by Royal mail Special delivery next day with tracking no.. thing.. so that even if you send it on 1st nov.. you are saved becase the date of application is when you give ur docs at the RM..

wish you good luck..

Faded
Newly Registered

Post by Faded » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:52 pm

imran22 wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:
Faded wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:I paid by credit card without any issue.
Unfortunately even if you have same bank card it might decline transaction for one while allow it for other person.

Banks don't reveal why this is done but it is to do with card using habbits. Where the card was used in past, spending habbits etc.

Or i am not sure if it was rejected due to insufficient limit. I know somebody on this forum got declined because they didn't have enough limit left. So it is applicant's responsibility to make sure of these.

Just to clarify, I have more than sufficient funds in the account, hsbc simply blocked it because of their fraud protection.

The payment for my wife's dependent application was deducted without issue (same account).

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Faded wrote:
imran22 wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:
Faded wrote:

Just to clarify, I have more than sufficient funds in the account, hsbc simply blocked it because of their fraud protection.

The payment for my wife's dependent application was deducted without issue (same account).

what a farce. simply annoying :evil: :evil: :evil:

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Faded wrote:

Sometimes system works likes this :?.

Faded
Newly Registered

the saga ends

Post by Faded » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Summary for those who are interested

Oct 19th
Posted Tier-1 extension application + dependent application by special delivery

Oct 20th
Call from HSBC saying they had blocked the Home Office transaction for main applicant fee (Visa debit).
Commence furious anger.
Told HSBC to put a note on my account to let payment through.
Tried calling to resolve payment directly with Home Office. Not possible they said.
Wrote letter explaining situation and asking Home Office to put through the payment again. Sent this to the Durham Home Office address (same address as original application).
Spouses's dependent payment actually processed ok (same card details)

Oct 24th
Received acknowledgement letter from home office. Nothing about failed payment.

Oct 27th
Payment Operations Team (Sheffield) calls me directly in response to my letter (miracle) and advises me to send to them another payment form and my reference number from the acknowledgement letter.
Sent new payment request form (Mastercard credit card this time). Told HSBC to let this payment go through or bad things would happen to them

Oct 29th
Payment Operations team confirms they have received new form and forwarded it to the payment processing squad

Nov 1st
HSMP Visa expires.

Nov 6th
Payment still not deducted yet from card. Getting nervous/highly irritated.
Called Payment Ops team (thank goodness I now had their direct number). Finally talked to somebody extra helpful.
Faxed new payment form to them as requested, they ensured payment processing squad (Durham) completed the transaction that afternoon, and advised that caseworker said my application would be looked at on Monday 9th.

Nov 13th
Still no sign of visa. Stressed.

Nov 17th
Visa arrives out of nowhere, extended until 2012. It was actually processed on November 9th but took 8 days to be delivered.

I think I aged about 20 years during the month this took to resolve. Word of advice for anyone who has their payment blocked - write them a letter immediately!! Might save you having your documents sent back prematurely!

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:32 pm

thts good so can u exactly put ur dates and did u send any self addressed envelope.

Or did they sent on their own.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: the saga ends

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Faded wrote:Summary for those who are interested

Oct 19th
Posted Tier-1 extension application + dependent application by special delivery

Oct 20th
Call from HSBC saying they had blocked the Home Office transaction for main applicant fee (Visa debit).
Commence furious anger.
Told HSBC to put a note on my account to let payment through.
Tried calling to resolve payment directly with Home Office. Not possible they said.
Wrote letter explaining situation and asking Home Office to put through the payment again. Sent this to the Durham Home Office address (same address as original application).
Spouses's dependent payment actually processed ok (same card details)

Oct 24th
Received acknowledgement letter from home office. Nothing about failed payment.

Oct 27th
Payment Operations Team (Sheffield) calls me directly in response to my letter (miracle) and advises me to send to them another payment form and my reference number from the acknowledgement letter.
Sent new payment request form (Mastercard credit card this time). Told HSBC to let this payment go through or bad things would happen to them

Oct 29th
Payment Operations team confirms they have received new form and forwarded it to the payment processing squad

Nov 1st
HSMP Visa expires.

Nov 6th
Payment still not deducted yet from card. Getting nervous/highly irritated.
Called Payment Ops team (thank goodness I now had their direct number). Finally talked to somebody extra helpful.
Faxed new payment form to them as requested, they ensured payment processing squad (Durham) completed the transaction that afternoon, and advised that caseworker said my application would be looked at on Monday 9th.

Nov 13th
Still no sign of visa. Stressed.

Nov 17th
Visa arrives out of nowhere, extended until 2012. It was actually processed on November 9th but took 8 days to be delivered.

I think I aged about 20 years during the month this took to resolve. Word of advice for anyone who has their payment blocked - write them a letter immediately!! Might save you having your documents sent back prematurely!
what a relief and learning for others

amitc

Post by amitc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Faded,

Congrates for your Visa.. Can you please give here direct phone nos. of Payment ops team so that any member having problem with payment can call them directly.

Amit

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 am

Congrats Faded:

Good GOD, you did it.. as you said "Visa arrives out of nowhere" i think that is a great relief.. everybody wishes for their visa to arrive unexpectedly positively approved.. :D

Can you please update your TIMELINES and Experience at this link below so that it is useful for others

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 574#310574

Cheers