ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension to tier 1 (a bit weird situation) need help!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skylineturf12
Newly Registered

HSMP extension to tier 1 (a bit weird situation) need help!!

Post by Skylineturf12 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I am basically looking to apply for my HSMP extension to Tier 1, which was initially granted for 2 yrs valid until 18th Dec 09'.

I have 2 jobs to show payslips. I have my main job from weekdays & part-time or rather 1 day work (saturdays only) as the other, which used to be my main job until Middle of Nov 08'.

The main current job, that I am planning to show my payslips from the day I had started, i.e. Mid Nov 08'- Oct 09'

I want to apply approx. a month before my visa expires which is like 20th or 21st Nov (as it will be the 3 months min.maintenance requirement criteria fulfilled). The reason I want to apply approx.a month before is just in case if anything goes wrong or needs more time!

Considering the 12 month payslips}..from Mid Nov 08'- until Oct 09' would actually be only be like 11.5 months!! Should I show the payslip from my previous job (now part-time) for those 15 days & would that be good enough to cover up which was my main job at that time?

Would 11.5 months be considered alright? or would I have no choice but to wait until end of Nov to get payslip for Nov 09' & apply on 1st of Dec, which scares me a bit!! As the date for my visa expiring will be quite close then!

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Cheers,

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP extension to tier 1 (a bit weird situation) need he

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Skylineturf12 wrote:Hi everyone,

I am basically looking to apply for my HSMP extension to Tier 1, which was initially granted for 2 yrs valid until 18th Dec 09'.

I have 2 jobs to show payslips. I have my main job from weekdays & part-time or rather 1 day work (saturdays only) as the other, which used to be my main job until Middle of Nov 08'.

The main current job, that I am planning to show my payslips from the day I had started, i.e. Mid Nov 08'- Oct 09'

I want to apply approx. a month before my visa expires which is like 20th or 21st Nov (as it will be the 3 months min.maintenance requirement criteria fulfilled). The reason I want to apply approx.a month before is just in case if anything goes wrong or needs more time!

Considering the 12 month payslips}..from Mid Nov 08'- until Oct 09' would actually be only be like 11.5 months!! Should I show the payslip from my previous job (now part-time) for those 15 days & would that be good enough to cover up which was my main job at that time?

Would 11.5 months be considered alright? or would I have no choice but to wait until end of Nov to get payslip for Nov 09' & apply on 1st of Dec, which scares me a bit!! As the date for my visa expiring will be quite close then!

Cheers,
Need to send payslips for 12 consecutive months in preceeding 15 months. So if you accumulate enough points for earnings by showing payslips and bank statements for 11.5 months, then it's fine. Run the PBS calculator to see where you stand please.
Regards,
crowbar6

Skylineturf12
Newly Registered

Post by Skylineturf12 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm

crowbar6 wrote:
Skylineturf12 wrote:Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Need to send payslips for 12 consecutive months in preceeding 15 months. So if you accumulate enough points for earnings by showing payslips and bank statements for 11.5 months, then it's fine. Run the PBS calculator to see where you stand please.

Thanks for your reply Crowbar6! I have checked the PBS calculator I making atleast 75 points.

I have 2 futher questions for you guys.

1) Could I use a job letter from HR manager confirming how much of pay has been since last year Nov up intil Nov (before it gets paid for both jobs), as I will then be able to apply around 20th Nov!!!?

2) Regarding the total pts. which I have accumulate for annual pay, I don't know if anyone has asked this question before!! If for instance I have my pay ranging between 20k-under 23k for the 1st 6 months (of last 12 months) which would obvioulsy mean 15 pts..& if for the next 6 months my pay is a bit increased above 23k which falls under the next categorie..for 20 pts. Could I be elligible for 20 pts altogether or would it still be considered 15 pts for pay scale?

Thanks in adavnce!!

cheers

:roll:

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:56 am

Skylineturf12 wrote: Regarding the total pts. which I have accumulate for annual pay, I don't know if anyone has asked this question before!! If for instance I have my pay ranging between 20k-under 23k for the 1st 6 months (of last 12 months) which would obvioulsy mean 15 pts..& if for the next 6 months my pay is a bit increased above 23k which falls under the next categorie..for 20 pts. Could I be elligible for 20 pts altogether or would it still be considered 15 pts for pay scale?
You dont have to break 12 months into two. You should select any 12 consecutive months out of last 15 where you earned the most. In your case i think last 12 months as you have a new job

Skylineturf12
Newly Registered

Post by Skylineturf12 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 am

imran22 wrote:
Skylineturf12 wrote: Regarding the total pts. which I have accumulate for annual pay, I don't know if anyone has asked this question before!! If for instance I have my pay ranging between 20k-under 23k for the 1st 6 months (of last 12 months) which would obvioulsy mean 15 pts..& if for the next 6 months my pay is a bit increased above 23k which falls under the next categorie..for 20 pts. Could I be elligible for 20 pts altogether or would it still be considered 15 pts for pay scale?
You dont have to break 12 months into two. You should select any 12 consecutive months out of last 15 where you earned the most. In your case i think last 12 months as you have a new job
Thanks for your reply!

I am not breaking up for the last 12 months!!!! But it's that way in my case as that's my pay stucture falling in 2 categories because of increase in pay from the last 12 consecutive months. I wouldn't be asking otherwise!!!

Any advise experts..how much would I actually get 15 pts..or 20 pts..(6 months- 6 months) =12 months?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Skyline.. buddy..

you are confusing yourselves tooo much i think.. OK here is wat i think:

1. You can submit a max of 12consecutive month salaries in last 15months to claim ur earning points.. remember it is max 12 months.. that means you can also just submit only 1month payslip if you monthly salary is very very very high - this just for example..

so in ur case if you get enough points uring 11.5months.. u can use it NO PROBLEMS at all..

2. Letter from HR.. why?? i think you have payslips right? if you want to get a letter from HR it should show ur monthly salary breakups.. like
salary month--GROSS-NET-Tax-Date credited etc... in a table format..

3. calculating ur earning points.. HO or caseworker is not worried abt ur pay hikes or bonuses etc..

he will see the total for the max 12months (as explained above) payslips and will see where this total falls in and will give u those points..
so dont confuse or mix up with 6months-6months things.. hope this is clear