ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to Citizenship...answers please!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dollarjojo
Newly Registered

ILR to Citizenship...answers please!!

Post by dollarjojo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Friends

I'm back again and I need your help

Can you please tell me:

1) examples under which the BIA use their discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions if I want to apply for citizenship.

2) from the BIA website, what exactly(and examples if possible) do they mean by 'you can show you have established links to the UK through your home, family and larger estate'.

3) Finally, what are examples of ' compelling business & compassionate reasons to approve your application'.

I only ask because I travel a lot and I am sick of the cost and time it takes to apply for visas.

Thanks guys

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Do you have Indefinate Leave to Remain? Under what status are you living in the UK at present?

dollarjojo
Newly Registered

Post by dollarjojo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:34 pm

I have ILR.......settlement they call it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:14 pm

When do you qualify for BC under the standard regulations?

dollarjojo
Newly Registered

Post by dollarjojo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 pm

I made my application in Feb 2005 and was granted ILR in Jan 2009. My settlement application was based on long residency and the 7 year child concession. Since then, I have acquired a mortgage, raised my child who is are now 12 and holds a British passport. I am seperated from my son's mother and we never married. I do support the upkeep of my child. I also have a steady, well paying job and pay my taxes.

I hope much of this information will help.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 am

What was your status immediately before you applied? In other words were you here legally or illegally?

dollarjojo
Newly Registered

Post by dollarjojo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:55 pm

I was illegal. I was an overstayer.