ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PSW after current student visa expires???

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Applying for PSW after current student visa expires???

Post by SADEMA » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:27 am

hey guys!

After a long process trying to extend my student visa I got it on mid-Aug 2009 valid until end-Oct 2009. Now I'm done with my MBA but still need the month of November to show the 800 pounds for 3 months in my account since I've only managed to put that money in my bank on the first week of Sept.

The Home Office only gave me a very limited grant to leave after aproval and I havent been able to settle out my affairs after I finished my course while I should have been entitled to another 4 months of leave to remain after I finished my program, and this situation didn't allowed me to show enough money on my bank statements in order to apply for the PSW on time.

It is almost certain that I dont have any other funds on my name in the UK or abroad. So I'm not sure what to do. I do want to apply for a PSW inside the UK and one of my options is to extend as a student a few more months and then apply for the work permit, but this option involves paying for 2 apps, school fee, more money, time, etc...

I would like to know if there are any chances of getting the work-permit if I apply one month after my visa expires by explaining the Home Office my case.

In simple words my question is if it is possible to apply 1 month after my visa expires.

I think I already know the answer but if anybody can give me any sign of hope I would appreciate.

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Go back brother.. and apply from your country.. once u get the amount in ur account .....for 3 monts..

here u are not eligible.. if u apply after expiry.. but u will risk.. your status..

try to find out if ur 3 months balance is availaible by last days of oct 2009.. :)

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Same thing happened to me before. I have looked for other means to renew my student visa but as you said, it would have cost me weigh too much. I have took some of the members of this forum which is to leave the UK and apply from home. It was very hard decision to make, but I had to leave as I HO would've rejected my application for lack of funds the two weeks (less than ??800). After 3 months, I applied and I got my PSW from home and believe it or not I got it whit in a working day (Only one day). I don't know about the situation at UK right now, but I recommend you what other members here had said to me back in end of May this year. Start sorting out your account at home from now, make sure you have at least ??2800 (or equivalent ) and leave.

Now I am still at home, I kinda liked it, I may go to the UK end of next month.
Howvere,

here is what they advised me back then:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=39407

All the best.
________
Gossip Girl Forums
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:47 pm

"In simple words my question is if it is possible to apply 1 month after my visa expires" The answer is NO, don't let your visa expire without settling for a decision. Noramlly, they leave like 28 days after visa expires before you are considered Overstayer and this will have bad consequences whether you are inside or outside the UK. My advice settle for a decision before your visa expires. All the best
________
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE FORUM
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Post by SADEMA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:41 pm

thank you guys for your advice! but going back to my country is not really an option for me. I guess i will apply this week for a student extension and then for the PSW in dec. It will cost more money but right now Im more concerned about the time than anything else.

Anyways, I appreciate your time and comments, it helped me to clear up my mind and make a desicion!

Peace

SADEMA
Newly Registered

Got the PSW??? In your face!!!

Post by SADEMA » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:21 pm

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I got the PSW a few days ago! I applied after my student visa expired! and still I got it..

My student visa expired at the end of oct 2009, but still i needed one more month for the funding. So I made a post-app and put wrong my bank details, on purpose, so in this way they cannot debit the money from my account. They sent me back my documents after a few weeks, with a letter saying that the payment couldnt be done and to apply again. And then I applied again at the end of nov, this time with enough money on my bank statements for the last three months, together with a letter explaining why Im sending a fresh app and with a copy of the letter they sent me. A few weeks later i Got my visa.

I just want to let you now cause Ive noticed that most people in this site are very esceptical, orthodox and pesimistic about the home office and getting a visa and try to give the impression that if you dont get the advice of a lawyer ($) you cannot deal with it alone. I know the HO is very strict and everything, but this type of forums are supose to give people hope instead of cutting out their wings.

I know that what I did was very risky, and I had a lot of chances of not getting it, but I tried and it worked well.... My advise is not to duplicate what I did. The best thing to do is to apply on time and fulfil all requirements. But just in case your situation is not that straight forward, well.... get informed very well, there is a lot of info on the home office website, in forums, etc. and then use your creativity to do anything is in yur hands, as long as you are not doing anything ilegal you could use the system at your advantage as I did.

Take care guys and if someone of you needs some POSITIVE FEED-BACK just let me know! there is always a way!!!!!!!