ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help required for maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickybusa
Newly Registered

Urgent Help required for maintenance funds

Post by vickybusa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

Hi,

I had deposited INR 210,000/- on May 7, when the exchange rate was I GBP= INR 74.80487. The same balance continues till date.

Meanwhile i had earlier applied under Tier 1, but they refused on the grounds that i have submitted internet statement. I applied for admin review stating that i never received physical bank statements, since i had opted for internet statements. But they upheld the decision.

I am planning to re apply, but not sure what exchange rate they will consider.

Please help

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 am

BIA uses the following website

http://www.oanda.com/

If you go to earnings page of the point based calculator you will see the link there

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Help required for maintenance funds

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:00 am

Online bank statements are only accepted if they were stamped by the bank manager. You must have these stamped otherwise your application would be rejected again.

Exchange rate for maintenance funds will be the exchange rate on the date of application.

Exchange rate for previous earnings will be the exchange rate on the last date of earning period claimed.

vickybusa wrote:Hi,

I had deposited INR 210,000/- on May 7, when the exchange rate was I GBP= INR 74.80487. The same balance continues till date.

Meanwhile i had earlier applied under Tier 1, but they refused on the grounds that i have submitted internet statement. I applied for admin review stating that i never received physical bank statements, since i had opted for internet statements. But they upheld the decision.

I am planning to re apply, but not sure what exchange rate they will consider.

Please help
Last edited by mvent00 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MITM2
Newly Registered

Online statement stamped, signature still required?

Post by MITM2 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi Mvent00

Online bank statements are only accepted if they were signed and stamped by the bank manager. You must have these signed and stamped otherwise your application would be rejected again.

Just so I can be sure as I've only got my eSavings online bank statement 'stamped' by my Lloyd's TSB branch, does this have to be signed also?

The excerpt from paragraph 2, page 36 of 44 of the Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance which states that 'Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.'

Could you please confirm if a signature is still required?

Thank you very much.

MITM2

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Online statement stamped, signature still required?

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:59 pm

MITM2 wrote:Hi Mvent00

Online bank statements are only accepted if they were signed and stamped by the bank manager. You must have these signed and stamped otherwise your application would be rejected again.

Just so I can be sure as I've only got my eSavings online bank statement 'stamped' by my Lloyd's TSB branch, does this have to be signed also?

The excerpt from paragraph 2, page 36 of 44 of the Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance which states that 'Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.'

Could you please confirm if a signature is still required?

Thank you very much.

MITM2
I think that is fine. I am sorry for the confusion, online bank statements should bear official stamp of the bank, while online payslips must be signed and stamped by the employer. Hope it is clear now.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi Mvent,
This is something new I am hearing.
I have submitted my application as you know,but my bank Electronic statements were stamped and signed by customer service but not by Manager :-(

(moreOver never in the documentation i found it has to be stamped by bank manager, all it says is authorized personell in bank)
Here is from the guidelines of UK website

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. The stamp should appear on every page of the statement. Statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day are not sufficient.

Here is what you had mentioned
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online bank statements are only accepted if they were stamped by the bank manager. You must have these stamped otherwise your application would be rejected again.