ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 and college fees

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kabuki
United States of America

EEA2 and college fees

Post by kabuki » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum.

My partner and I are currently residing in Ireland, but I want to teach and have applied to do a PGCE course in London. I'm also considering the Netherlands, as my partner is originally from there.

We would be happier to move to either country. I'm researching teaching in both countries. I've been offered an interview as King's College London and would really like to go, but I'm worried about international fees. In the Netherlands, on a partner visa, I am given the same rights as a Dutch Citizen; therefor, I qualify for home fees and study grants. How would this work if we moved to England and applied for EEA2 prior to the commencement of the course? Will I be entitled to the same right as the EU citizen, including paying EU fees and have access to the study grants?

I've seen someone ask about this in Ireland and they were granted EU fees as the partner of the EU citizen, although I believe they were actually married. We are not married, and we aren't planning on rushing into it either, but we have been together for 2.5 years, living together for about 2 years.

If anyone has any knowledge of this, please let know. I'd really appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm

You'd be paying international fees in the UK.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm