ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from WORK PERMIT to TIER 1 - ACCA ENGLISH

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa Seeker
Newly Registered

Switching from WORK PERMIT to TIER 1 - ACCA ENGLISH

Post by Visa Seeker » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Smile ,

I am currently on a workpermit from December 2006, am not very happy with my current employer, i have been offered a new job, however unfortunately my new employer dose not want to hear any thing about visas. Due to the introduction of new marvelous points based system as your are all aware that now its virtually impossible to switch employment as the new rules for Tier 2 are very demanding. Sad

The only option that enables me to start working for a new employer i.e. to change employment, is to switch to the Tier 1 category. I have checked the points with my qualifications and others (a part from English) I score more then 75 but am not entirely sure about the followings;

1. Visa Duration 2 or 3 year? - If I switch now would I be granted with a 2 year or 3 year Tier 1 visa, as my 5 year period for Indefinite Leave would complete in December 2011, so if it is a 3 year visa then I can go a head now or else I can wait until December 2009 and then apply ..

2. UK Neric Certificate? - I am an ACCA and being an ACCA qualified, it comes up on the HO website as 35 points but its still a professional qualification do I need UK Neric equivalence certificate?

3. English - I do understand that professional qualifications like ACCA does not full fill the English requirement, in my case I studied here in the UK and qualified this year and I think I can get a UK Neric cert stating that my qualification was in English, do I still need to do ILETS or TOEFL ? if yes

4. Can some one please suggest me any of the approved English language test that meets the HO requirement and is also quick and easy to appear and get result?

Looking forward for your replies and suggestions

Thanking you all in advance Smile Smile

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from WORK PERMIT to TIER 1 - ACCA ENGLISH

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Visa Seeker wrote:Hi Smile ,

I am currently on a workpermit from December 2006, am not very happy with my current employer, i have been offered a new job, however unfortunately my new employer dose not want to hear any thing about visas. Due to the introduction of new marvelous points based system as your are all aware that now its virtually impossible to switch employment as the new rules for Tier 2 are very demanding. Sad

The only option that enables me to start working for a new employer i.e. to change employment, is to switch to the Tier 1 category. I have checked the points with my qualifications and others (a part from English) I score more then 75 but am not entirely sure about the followings;

1. Visa Duration 2 or 3 year? - If I switch now would I be granted with a 2 year or 3 year Tier 1 visa, as my 5 year period for Indefinite Leave would complete in December 2011, so if it is a 3 year visa then I can go a head now or else I can wait until December 2009 and then apply .. 3 years.

2. UK Neric Certificate? - I am an ACCA and being an ACCA qualified, it comes up on the HO website as 35 points but its still a professional qualification do I need UK Neric equivalence certificate? If PBS calculator awards you 35 points for your degree, you do not need NARIC certificate.

3. English - I do understand that professional qualifications like ACCA does not full fill the English requirement, in my case I studied here in the UK and qualified this year and I think I can get a UK Neric cert stating that my qualification was in English, do I still need to do ILETS or TOEFL ? if yes If PBS calculator awards you 10 points for English language, you do not need NARIC certificate.

4. Can some one please suggest me any of the approved English language test that meets the HO requirement and is also quick and easy to appear and get result?

Please see this link and select which one suits you:
http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... ea=Working

Looking forward for your replies and suggestions

Thanking you all in advance Smile Smile