ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earning - Own company or Sole Trader?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paperwork

Previous earning - Own company or Sole Trader?

Post by paperwork » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi

I recently got my HSMP and came last month to UK.

I am a freelancer and my earning is not consistent. Therefore, I want to know what status is the most tax efficient way of dealing and getting points in Previous Earnings. And I would need to show 30K income. I don't want to pay taxes twice or thrice that would increase my outgoings. Do I have choices? I am a bit novice on business front.

I have been reading about co. + salary which I am not sure I can afford but still would like to know what can work best for a contractor/freelancer. I don't have a fixed clients or income, thats why I am bit worried to achieve the required point.

In the slow economic situation I have to still travel native country for assignments. I will be getting the income to UK in GBP. 10% is being deducted as Tax from the source in the country I work, which I am not sure how I can claim benefit in UK.

Please guide what is the most tax efficient and simple way to achieve the points in earning sections. Sole trader - properietorship - A company.

Thanks a lot.