ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - waiting period

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Josi
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test - waiting period

Post by Josi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi

I am really worried as i think i may have left it too late to take the test. My visa runs out at the end of November.

I am ready to take my test and have just gone to book it thinking it would be a quick process however, the official website states the following:

When you contact the test centre to book a test, you will have to wait a minimum of 7 days before you take the test. You should receive the offer of a test place within 28 days and should not have to wait longer than 56 days.

I have also read that you have to i have to wait 2 weeks after i pass to apply for my ILR.

This gives me only 1 week window to get my test booked!!!

Please help!!!

:?

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi,

why don't you call various test centres to book an appointment. I did my test in 2008, Didn't apply till August 2009. But anyways, I called different test centres to book a test appointment, a few didn't have suitable date as was travelling in the next week and a half so I needed on Pronto. I kept calling different centres and eventually I found one that had one available within 5day. I booked it, Made payment over the phone as commitment to attending. Collecting my Exam time and Address details and what I needed to bring with me Like ID over the phone. The following week I went to the test centre, gave them my name and ID and I sat my Test. Certificate Issued right after i hit the Finish Button at the end of my Test.

About waiting 2 wks before applying for your ILR, if you are doing a postal application, trust me you have more than 2wks.

I say go ahead, get the test done ASAP which is the most important thing cos no Life in the UK, No ILR Granted.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 am

If you dont pass your test then I am afraid you will have to apply and pay for further leave to remain (FLR)instead of ILR.

Once you are granted FLR , you will have to try and get your test passed and then apply and pay for ILR again

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will start calling around to see what i can get for the times for my test, i am pretty confident as i have had months of studying and have been taking the online tests and doing well.

Thanks again!

:D

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:19 pm

@ Josi...

I am pretty confident you will pass. I studied for Just a week and i did my test. i bought the Book, read it from front to back and then Back to front again and most of the questions u wld be aware of if you paid attention to daily life in the UK.

As said priority is to get the Test Done! :-).

Let is know if you get a date in good time!

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback oluwa112, you have helped calmed my nerves!

Will keep posted on the outcome.

Cheers!

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 am

Just booked my test! Next Monday.

:D :!:

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:40 am

Good Stuff @ Josi!!

Glad the calling around worked for you too!

Goodluck even though You dont need it! :-)

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

I passed!!!! :D

Had to go to some out of the way place to take it and ended up taking 3 hours in total, but it was worth it cause i can stop worrying about it!

Thanks for the feedback, really helped!

Cheers :mrgreen: