ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days to appeal against FLR refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vp73
Newly Registered

How many days to appeal against FLR refusal

Post by vp73 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Hi

My HSMP was refused a day back and I am planning to submit a new application. Meanwhile the FLR application I had submitted separately is likely to be refused.

My question is "How many days do I have to appeal against the FLR decision?"

If I submit a new application to HO, say tomorrow, can I request HO to consider FLR based on the new application?

My visa had expired a few months back but I had submitted the FLR before the visa had expired.

Would really appreciate comments from members, moderators in these difficult times.

Best Regards

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:24 pm

Hi,
Please can you describe, Why your FLR is refused?
Many Thanks

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:29 pm

Hi

My FLR is not refused yet but since HSMP is refused FLR is likely to be refused

regards

Junior0300

thats not a very good sign for u

Post by Junior0300 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:32 pm

Hi

Your only chance of survival is that your review gets successful.

Otherwise you cannot apply a fresh application from within the uk you need to have a valid visa (with switching condition) to apply HSMP incountry.

However, you can get ur student visa (I assume) extended and apply again for HSMP like i did.

Regards
Junior

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:36 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Now if my FLR comes back with a refusal will they stamp my passport? Will this create a problem when I apply for EC from my home country?

How many days do I have to leave UK after FLR refusal?

Regards

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:45 am

Hi there,

As it has been already said, your only chance of survival is to send a review request for your HSMP. You have 28 days for that. I am quite suprised they HO not send you FLR refusal alltogether with your HSMP (as they did for me). In any case, you can only appeal against FLR refusal on human rights grounds which is very hard thing to do. You have only 10 days for that since the date of your FLR refusal.

Alternatively, you can try to extend your student visa by submitting a late FLR(S). You will be at the mercy of a caseworker. Depending on your personal circumstances, type of course you are studing for, tuition fees, etc. you will either be given fresh student visa or asked to leave the country.

Finally, I think HO will wait 28 days to give you chance to request review and then, if you do not do so, or your HSMP review is rejected as well, they will send you FLR refusal.

Hope it will be of some help to you.

Kind Regards