ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can NonNigerian spouse of Nigerian enter Nigeria without vis

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miss Smithson
Newly Registered

Can NonNigerian spouse of Nigerian enter Nigeria without vis

Post by Miss Smithson » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate any help. I am Nigerian and recently married and EU citizen in Belgium. I was wondering does a non nigerian still need a visa to enter nigeria if he is legally married to a nigerian?
is there a process of getting a nigerian citizenship ?
Also, I understand that the Nigerian consititution only allows for the non-nigerian female spouse to become a nigerian citizen if she is domiciled in nigeria? Is there any addenum for the male spouses?

Thanks,

meats
BANNED

Re: Can NonNigerian spouse of Nigerian enter Nigeria without

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Miss Smithson wrote:Hi,

I would really appreciate any help. I am Nigerian and recently married and EU citizen in Belgium. I was wondering does a non nigerian still need a visa to enter nigeria if he is legally married to a nigerian?
Also, I understand that the Nigerian consititution only allows for the non-nigerian female spouse to become a nigerian citizen if she is domiciled in nigeria? Is there any addenum for the male spouses?

Thanks,
You might want to google for the Nigerian rules regarding visas.

kkk01

Re: Can NonNigerian spouse of Nigerian enter Nigeria without

Post by kkk01 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Miss Smithson wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
A non-Nigerian sure needs a visa to enter Nigeria, whether or not he/she is married to a Nigerian National.
Your spouse (male or female) may become Nigerian citizen only if both of you reside and work in Nigeria for a period of 5 Years after the initial residence permit (5yrs).

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I have just deleted a number of posts from this topic, which I consider to be, at the very least, off-topic, and at times clearly in breach of the T&Cs of this board.

Any further postings in this topic that are also off-topic etc will also be deleted.
John