ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ban or not?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yustynne

Ban or not?

Post by yustynne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Hello, perhaps many of you already read my posts before. I'm opening the new topic because i'm scared of what my bf is going to do and i don't know if it's safe. My bf has been living illegally in Greece for some years and now he wants to come back to his home country Morocco. He wants to buy tickets and fly to Morocco. What will happen for him at Greek airport? Will he be banned to enter any EU country for 5 years or if he is leaving Greece on his own will, will he be fine and won't get any stamp?
If he is banned, will he never be able to join me at any EU country for all 5 years? What about after 5 years ban? Will the shadow of that ban will stay for all his life? Does it mean it will be almost impossible to get him visa even after ban?
Do you have any ideas how to leave Greece safe?

meats
BANNED

Re: Ban or not?

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:19 pm

yustynne wrote:Hello, perhaps many of you already read my posts before. I'm opening the new topic because i'm scared of what my bf is going to do and i don't know if it's safe. My bf has been living illegally in Greece for some years and now he wants to come back to his home country Morocco. He wants to buy tickets and fly to Morocco. What will happen for him at Greek airport? Will he be banned to enter any EU country for 5 years or if he is leaving Greece on his own will, will he be fine and won't get any stamp?
If he is banned, will he never be able to join me at any EU country for all 5 years? What about after 5 years ban? Will the shadow of that ban will stay for all his life? Does it mean it will be almost impossible to get him visa even after ban?
Do you have any ideas how to leave Greece safe?
No one knows what will happen at the airport, maybe the person on duty will look at it and see that he's overstayed or maybe they won't. From what i have read about people overstaying their Schengen visa (from the Lonely Planet forum) is that Greece is the strictest on overstayers out of the Schengen countries. People have been fined and/or banned for overstaying and exiting the Schengen area from Greece. At the same time lots of people have left and nothing happened.

The people who have received bans have usually received a 10 year ban and a big black stamp in their passport saying so. This would obviously affect any future applications.

TracyCK

Post by TracyCK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Will try to add more later, but as a quick reply, why doesn't your BF travel across land to Morocco rather than fly? That has got to be better than getting stopped at the first post?

A phonecall to the Moroccan Embassy might be a good idea to ask for advice on the best way back too.

Does he have any entry stamps in his passport, did he overstay a visa, or is his passport empty?

How long have you been together? Are you in Greece also?
Husband issued with an EEA FP via Surinder Singh and various complications :)
Original thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45808
Second thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=309363

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Please see THIS LINK , which explains the implications of travelling out of Greece as an overstayer.

It states that their is a possibility he might have to pay a fine of between 600-1300 Euro, for which he might be exempted if he transits via another Schengen country.This is a loophole you might have to look into.

The Greek authority will be under the assumption that he will be dealt with by that authority, therefore they will not hassle him. Most memberstate don't fuss about overstayer, therefore the chances are, he will be alright to transit through them.

If he chooses to travel directly to Morocco via Greece, and probably face a fine, which he might be unable or unwilling to pay, he might have an endorsement on his passport stating this, but he will not face a prison term.

As previously mentioned, overstaying in the past, or poor immigration history, will not jeorpodise the non-EEA family member of an EEA national obtaining a visa, as long as that individual was not expelled from a member state on grounds of Public Policy, Public Health or Public Security.

Therefore future application would not be jeorpodise by an past mishaps or indiscretion.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:26 pm

The fact is that my bf didn't overstay visa. He entered Greece illegally. He is thinking to go to Morocco embassy in Greece to get some kind of paper that would allow him to cross any border as he could come back to Morocco. That paper should work instead of passport. He plans to travel directly from Greece to Morocco without transit. So what to do in such case as he didn't overstay visa? Another fact is that he is leaving on his own will. All what you guys said applies to those who overstayed their visas. What should we expect for this case? Will they charge a fine? He couldn't pay 600-1300 Euros. Too huge money. We are together as a pair for 6 years but we are not married and i'm not in Greece. Do you think it would be better travelling by bus? But to which country? In all EU countries his status would be illegal.
Last edited by yustynne on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:31 pm

yustynne wrote:The fact is that my bf didn't overstay visa. He entered Greece without any visa and his passport is empty of any Greek stamps and already expired. He is thinking to go to Morocco embassy in Greece to get some kind of paper that would allow him to cross any border as he could come back to Morocco. That paper should work instead of passport. He plans to travel directly from Greece to Morocco without transit. So what to do in such case as he didn't overstay visa? Another fact is that he is leaving on his own will. All what you guys said applies to those who overstayed their visas. What should we expect for this case? Will they charge a fine? He couldn't pay 600-1300 Euros. Too huge money. We are together as a pair for 6 years but we are not married and i'm not in Greece. Do you think it would be better travelling by bus? But to which country? In all EU countries his status would be illegal.
Did your boyfriend enter legally as Moroccans need a visa to enter Greece?

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Yes, Moroccans need visa to enter any EU country. He entered Greece illegally. So what should we expect?
Last edited by yustynne on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:47 pm

yustynne wrote:Yes, Moroccans need visa to enter any EU country. He entered Greece illegally crossing border without any visa, lying his real name,surname and nationality that's why his real name, surname and passport remained clean. However, his fingerprints were taken but i don't think they check fingerprints at airport so it shouldn't reveal he was on another name. In principle, his identity is clean coming to Greece like ghost without any Greek stamps in passport. So what should we expect?
Who knows what to expect. All that i know is that i wouldn't want to be in you or your partner's boots. If he gets stopped leaving Greece then i'd be surprised if he doesn't get a ban from Greece if not Schengen for his actions.

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Well, as at airport he will give a paper instead of passport, of course, he will attract sb's attention or would it be better to make a new passport at embassy? I don't know what to do. I don't want he would get a ban. He is leaving on his own will. Do you have any other suggestions or references of laws covering our case?
At least if he gets a fine, we could pay later, but if he gets a ban so it seems everything is destroyed.
Last edited by yustynne on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 am

yustynne wrote:Well, as at airport he will give a paper instead of passport, of course, he will attract sb's attention or would it be better to make a new passport at embassy? I don't know what to do. I don't want he would get a ban. He is leaving on his own will. Imagine a pair waiting for each other 10-15 years until stupid ban finishes! Not normal. Do you have any other suggestions or references of laws covering our case?
At least if he gets a fine, we could pay later, but if he gets a ban so it seems everything is destroyed.
Personally going on your previous threads on here it is clear that your partner has no regards for the laws of other countries so i personally hope that he does get a ban to teach him a lesson. What's to stop you from living in Morocco?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:13 am

You can drive by bus to Sweden or Holland, which accept durable relationship, and you can apply based o EU law there. The only problem is, you might be requested to show evidence that you have been in a durable relationship for a certain period of time. Which i am unsure you have.

If you can get to Holland by bus, then i don't think there is any reason for him to go back to Morocco.

You mentioned he was awarded a temporary visa when he first entered Greece.

Therefore at some point in time, he was legally in Greece, under whatever name or nationality.

I suspect he will fall under the overstayer category.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:37 am

Well, he said that he is from dangerous country, after crossing border was placed into an immigrants' camp and a month later was issued a red card valid for a half year. I don't think it would be a good idea to reveal at airport that he lied his identity and nationality. What do you think?
To prove partnership needs that people lived together for 1 or 2 years keeping the same household etc. I didn't live with my bf for such a long time. Do you think he could go by bus? Does somebody check borders of countries while travelling by bus? According to Schengen agreement, noone should check people travelling by cars, buses or sth like that.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 am

meats wrote:
yustynne wrote:Well, as at airport he will give a paper instead of passport, of course, he will attract sb's attention or would it be better to make a new passport at embassy? I don't know what to do. I don't want he would get a ban. He is leaving on his own will. Imagine a pair waiting for each other 10-15 years until stupid ban finishes! Not normal. Do you have any other suggestions or references of laws covering our case?
Personally going on your previous threads on here it is clear that your partner has no regards for the laws of other countries so i personally hope that he does get a ban to teach him a lesson. What's to stop you from living in Morocco?

Have to agree with Meats. Don't know what game you and your partner, boyfriend , husband, whatever he is to you, is playing. Your situation has changed drastically since this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45178

People like you and your partner that makes life difficult for genuine couples out there.

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:30 pm

flyboy wrote:
meats wrote:

Have to agree with Meats. Don't know what game you and your partner, boyfriend , husband, whatever he is to you, is playing. Your situation has changed drastically since this thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45178

People like you and your partner that makes life difficult for genuine couples out there.

I'm very shocked about your post, FLYBOY! If you want to know the first posts i wrote were concentrated on future when my bf is fine already back to his home country, when we are married. For that reason i was just wondering which country i could go to as i could live together with my future husband.
Our situation didn't change dramatically. We are living in this hard situation for several years and i'm doing everything in order to finish this hard situation.
Sorry FLYBOY but to hear that you insult me and my bf to be not genuine pair killed me! We are together for 6 years fighting for being together and to hear somebody saying like that is sth unbelievable. You have no right to say like that without knowing the whole what we have experienced during these long years.
I didn't know that this forum doesn't allow to create future plans to have family. I didn't know that it's impossible to give questions related to the future. I didn't know that some members of this forum tend to defame other people without knowing the real situation.
I want to say a huge thanks for those people who always believed me, standed with me, provided me with valuable information, never refused to help me sharing advices which i appreaciate so much and i hope you will stay helping me.
Thank you

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 pm

What's wrong with you living in Morocco with him?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 pm

yustynne,

What is your citizenship? Do you work in greece?
How long have you been living with your boyfriend as a pai?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

yustynne wrote:I didn't know that this forum doesn't allow to create future plans to have family. I didn't know that it's impossible to give questions related to the future. I didn't know that some members of this forum tend to defame other people without knowing the real situation.
You actually haven't told us the 'real situation' until a few hours ago and you have done little before to clarify it. Don't you think that with a little bit more openess from the very beginning you could have avoided that reaction (and the good people here could have helped you more effectively with your actual problem)? The story about the illegal entry and the deception to stay in country don't make your boyfriend look too good either. Put yourself, just for a moment, into the position of the people here...

Anyway, I hope it works out for you. Good luck! You will need it.

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:yustynne,

I'm Lithuanian and i live in Lithuania because i'm a student at university. We are together with my bf for almost 6 years.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 pm

yustynne wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:yustynne,

I'm Lithuanian and i live in Lithuania because i'm a student at university. We are together with my bf for almost 6 years.
How long have you physically been living together for?