ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply for Long Term Residence ILR - Is PSW period?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

randhawa_uk
Newly Registered

Want to apply for Long Term Residence ILR - Is PSW period?

Post by randhawa_uk » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi

I would like to apply for ILR, My stay in the UK will be coming up to 10 years in September next year. During all this time I've always had a legal status. Last year I transfered my student visa to PSW - Post Study Work.

The confusion I have now is: the HO's guidelines for PSW suggest that this duration won't count towards settlement (I suppose if one takes the tier1 route etc.)

On the other side some friends are suggesting that I am eligible for ILR after 10 years as long as my stay was legal and it does not matter what visas I had during these 10 years.

Can anyone with experience please help me out here?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

vinny

Re: Want to apply for Long Term Residence ILR - Is PSW perio

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 pm

randhawa_uk wrote:On the other side some friends are suggesting that I am eligible for ILR after 10 years as long as my stay was legal and it does not matter what visas I had during these 10 years.
Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

javaid10

Post by javaid10 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:26 am

You are eligible... See this

vinny wrote:
randhawa_uk wrote:On the other side some friends are suggesting that I am eligible for ILR after 10 years as long as my stay was legal and it does not matter what visas I had during these 10 years.
Correct.

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 am

you can apply
there is not prlm with that
randhawa_uk wrote:Hi

I would like to apply for ILR, My stay in the UK will be coming up to 10 years in September next year. During all this time I've always had a legal status. Last year I transfered my student visa to PSW - Post Study Work.

The confusion I have now is: the HO's guidelines for PSW suggest that this duration won't count towards settlement (I suppose if one takes the tier1 route etc.)

On the other side some friends are suggesting that I am eligible for ILR after 10 years as long as my stay was legal and it does not matter what visas I had during these 10 years.

Can anyone with experience please help me out here?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

randhawa_uk
Newly Registered

Post by randhawa_uk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 pm

javaid10 wrote:You are eligible... See this

vinny wrote:
Correct.
Thank you for clearing this up for me. I highly appreciate the link to an official response from the UK-BA.

Thank you all for replying.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:43 pm

randhawa_uk wrote:
javaid10 wrote:You are eligible... See this

vinny wrote:
Correct.
Thank you for clearing this up for me. I highly appreciate the link to an official response from the UK-BA.

Thank you all for replying.
Long wait then!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....