ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP REQUIRED FOR PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mufi
Newly Registered

HELP REQUIRED FOR PSW

Post by mufi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 am

HI GUYS

I HAD A READ TO ALL THE COMMENTS THAT YOU GUYS HAVE MADE TO HELP EVERYONE AND I AM SURE MOST OF THE PEOPLE MUST HAVE BEEN QUIET PLEASED WITH SUCH FORUM. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP IN MY CASE AS WHICH IS VERY SIMPLE. SO HERE IT GOES.

I AM DOING A MASTER DEGREE AT A RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY. I HAD TO SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 15TH SEPT BUT I HAD SOME MEDICAL REASON SO I GOT AN EXTENSION TILL 30TH NOV, AND HOPEFULLY ILL BE SUBMITTING MY WORK BY LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER. NOW THE UNIVERSITY HAS TOLD ME THAT AFTER I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ILL GET PROVISIONAL RESULTS IN 25 WORKING DAYS. SO WHICH MEANS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, I SHOULD EXPECT MY PROVISIONAL RESULTS BY END OF DEC OR 1ST WEEK OF JAN.

UNIVERSITY HAS ALSO TOLD ME THAT IN A YEAR THERE ARE 2 BOARD MEETINGS WHICH GIVES AWARDS THE DEGREE AND FINALIZE THE PROVISIONAL RESULTS, WHICH IS IN LAST WEEK OF NOVEMBER AND THEN IN JUNE 2010. NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT IF I SUBMIT MY DISSERTATION ON 30TH NOVEMBER, SO I HAVE NOT MANAGED TO GET REVIEWED BY BOARD IN NOVEMBER SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL JUNE.

THE MAIN QUESTION IS THAT:
"DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR PSW?"

OR

THE UNIVERSITY CAN PROVIDE ME WITH A LETTER AND I CAN GET PSW IN JAN AS MY VISA IS EXPIRING ON 31ST JAN.

I HOPE THAT MY CASE IS CLEAR AND WELL WRITTEN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO WRITE ME.

REGARDS,
MUF

vinata

Post by vinata » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 pm

In order to qualify for psw visa, you need to have an award confirmation. It could be either in a form of a letter, if your certificate if not ready by the time you apply, or in the form of actual certificate, which normally takes up to 2 month to be issued after your award has been confirmed by the board.

In your particular situation, i believe, the letter from Uni confirming your provisional result would not be sufficient to qualify for this visa. You will need an award, not the provisional result, as effectiviely your result might not be approved by the board. Therefore, you will probably have to wait until June 2010 before you can apply for psw. I know it is very unfortunate, but it is unlikely the HO will accept your provisional result as a proof of your degree.

In the meantime, you might have to go back home, wait for your award certificate to be issued, and then apply for psw from your home country next year.

It is unlikely that the HO will extend your student visa since your course will be completed in Jan 2010, and there would be no reason for you to stay in the UK, as awaiting for the result might not be a sufficient reason to exted your stay as a student. However, if your Uni issues you with a letter where it confirms your course has been extended until Jun 2010 due to a certain reason, it could be a valid reason for you to extend your stay as a student. So, speak to your Uni first, see what they say, and then act accordingly.

mufi
Newly Registered

Post by mufi » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:46 pm

hey vinata thanks for your swift response, i knew this would be a problem ill try talking to my university once I have submitted my dissertation. in the meantime if i have anything else ill post in this thread. cheers once again