ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***How Do You Book An Appointment for an ILR Application***

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrshaque28
Newly Registered

***How Do You Book An Appointment for an ILR Application***

Post by mrshaque28 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 am

Hi

Might seem like a straightforward question but, ive been having problems.

Rang up the number on the UK BA website only to be told that I would not be able to make an appointment without a reference number which I was told should have been provided by the Home Office, eh? I initially tried to book online so the only ref number i had was that one.

The operator advised me that the HO should have written a letter re renewing visa with said ref number/id.

He then advised me to ring the immigration enquiry bureau (cant get through after numerous attempts) to enquire about this.

Can anyone please advise what is the normal procedure for booking an ILR appointment? We are interested in the Premium service.

Many thanks for any advice or help.

Mrs H

riss10
Newly Registered

Post by riss10 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:08 pm

It's frustrating huh? I wanted to process my ILR 0 Visa with the Premium Service as well. I rang for two months, and they kept saying "There are no appointments available", "There are no appointments available"etc. Even when i asked how far ahead they are accepting appointments, his response was "There are no bookings available". Ahhhh, so frustrating. In the end we sent our visa by post - we sent September 16 and are still waiting.

I discovered today that you can now make these bookings online via this link https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukba/index.start. I signed up out of curiosity and the next available appointment at Croydon is 23rd December!

Good luck!