ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Danish marrige certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Danish marrige certificate

Post by Mac_UK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

Hey folks!

Wife applied via EEA2 few months ago, and today we got a phone call from Home Office about our marriage certificate not being original.

Even certificate we send was original, and only one we have in our possession, they did not agree, and still asked for original.

I called Danish Office and they agreed that document was original.

We tried to call Home Office but without much success; all we could do is explain problem and when asked how to proceed, they gave us fax number to confirm in writing out statement.

Anyone had same problems with documents?

Any help or advice is appreciated!

javadp
Newly Registered

Post by javadp » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi, In my case, I had to have our certificate officially translated into English. This was done by an official translating agency in our home country and that is seen by HO as original. Did you send HO your officially translated document or just the Danish one?

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Translation shouldn't be an issue, since whole ceremony including documents was in English.

So at this point, I'm really not sure what else we can do.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Mac_UK, British Missions around the world build up a lot of knowledge about documents issued in the country where they are situated.

If UKBA is still not convinced, suggest that they make contact with the British Embassy in Copenhagen.

Wait a minute, did you happen to apply for an EEA Family Permit in Copenhagen, before coming to the UK? If yes, point that out to UKBA, that the local British Mission, experienced with Danish-issued documents, could not find fault with the marriage certificate.
John

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:56 pm

I work here as pilot so after marriage she came here with me (she was visiting couple of times before), so we applied from UK.

Im crossing my fingers at this point that they validate certificate as original.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi there,

Do let me know what happened. I am slightly concerned now. We have also just submitted our Danish marriage certificate (original) and we have not heard anything. We haven't heard from the UKBA yet. So it would be good to be prepared.

We applied for EEA2 since February 2009 and still waiting. :(

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 am

We are absolutely certain that it was the original we send to the UKBA, so either they simply do not know how a Danish wedding certificate is suppose to look like, or they lost the original after making a copy them selves. This how ever we hope to consider very unlikely.

We have spoken to the home office in Denmark where we had our wedding and asked them to send us a new wedding certificate just in case, since we never made a copy our selves.

Will keep you all posted about the development in our case,

Cheers.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 am

We needed our marriage certificate to be verified for other matters and managed to get copies of the marriage certificate verified/noted to be original by the Danish Embassy in London.

Might be worth doing that if you receive another original copy and before you send it out to UKBA again.

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:14 am

That sounds grim, mostly since we do not want to spend a fortune traveling to London to have a certificate verified, but also since both the UK and Denmark are both member states of the Hauge convention, so they must accept the certificate as being valid.

That does how ever not solve the problem when they claim it to be a copy and not the original. It simply makes not sense to me at all.

Cheers.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 pm

I suggest you speak to the Danish embassy and ask if they can provide an Apostille Stamp for your marriage certificate. That will certainly keep UKBA quiet.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Mac_UK wrote:That sounds grim, mostly since we do not want to spend a fortune traveling to London to have a certificate verified, but also since both the UK and Denmark are both member states of the Hauge convention, so they must accept the certificate as being valid.

That does how ever not solve the problem when they claim it to be a copy and not the original. It simply makes not sense to me at all.

Cheers.
Hi Mac,

Just wanted to let you know that UKBA called to ask for my passport for to put the RC in today. So it seems that they had no problem with the Danish marriage certificate that we sent in.

I hope that yours get recognised and sorted out soon. Good luck!

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Hm, we just received another marraige certificate from Denmark, but I really dont see any difference from the one we send in first place.
Except that this one is in gray while other was blue :?

I also noticed on bottom of paper it says with small letters: Print system, maybe why they thought its copy?

We send letter to embassy few days ago explaining our situation, but same day received letter asking for original marrige certificate (was probably send on day we got phone call from HO about it).

So, now all we can really do is wait and see what their answer will be, if we dont hear back in two weeks, we will have to send new certificate we got from Denmark, and hope it get recognized.

Sarah T, did you receive any case ref. no yet? And thanks for feedback!
:D

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 am

Mac_UK wrote:Hm, we just received another marraige certificate from Denmark, but I really dont see any difference from the one we send in first place.
Except that this one is in gray while other was blue :?

I also noticed on bottom of paper it says with small letters: Print system, maybe why they thought its copy?

We send letter to embassy few days ago explaining our situation, but same day received letter asking for original marrige certificate (was probably send on day we got phone call from HO about it).

So, now all we can really do is wait and see what their answer will be, if we dont hear back in two weeks, we will have to send new certificate we got from Denmark, and hope it get recognized.

Sarah T, did you receive any case ref. no yet? And thanks for feedback!
:D
Your case reference should be in the Certificate of Approval that they have sent you. That's the reference you should use whenever you contact them.

Our case was also assigned to case working team. It was initially LNC3 and then moved to LNC17.

They never requested for any further information than the comprehensive ones we sent over to them. They requested for the passport because we requested for it to be returned to us in the summer for travels.

Good luck!

Mac_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_UK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks for the responce.

We just got my wifes residency card today, so our letter to them must have made some form of impression.

Either way, we are happy that we can now be we our families during cristmas, and finanly have our honeymoon as should be.

Cheers.