ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many times can we apply for PSW?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guruasis12345
Newly Registered

How many times can we apply for PSW?

Post by guruasis12345 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:51 am

I am going to apply under Tier 1 (General) soon. But my query is that, since I haven't utilized PSW visa for my UK education, can I apply for the same when the need arises in future (which I guess wont be before 3 years from the day I apply for Tier 1 General)?

meats
BANNED

Re: How many times can we apply for PSW?

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm

guruasis12345 wrote:I am going to apply under Tier 1 (General) soon. But my query is that, since I haven't utilized PSW visa for my UK education, can I apply for the same when the need arises in future (which I guess wont be before 3 years from the day I apply for Tier 1 General)?
I think you can only apply for PSW from a student visa and not from another tier 1 visa.

guruasis12345
Newly Registered

Re: How many times can we apply for PSW?

Post by guruasis12345 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:55 pm

meats wrote:
guruasis12345 wrote:I am going to apply under Tier 1 (General) soon. But my query is that, since I haven't utilized PSW visa for my UK education, can I apply for the same when the need arises in future (which I guess wont be before 3 years from the day I apply for Tier 1 General)?
I think you can only apply for PSW from a student visa and not from another tier 1 visa.
Can it be because of part-time education that i am thinking of taking up while on Tier 1?

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm

You can apply for PSW within 12 months of getting the award (the degree). You cannot apply after that. Also, PSW can be issued only once to the applicant and for maximum two years.
________
BABIMAC