ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Visa approved (Processing 1 day)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna1215

UK Tier 1 Visa approved (Processing 1 day)

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi All,
I just got email confirmation that my Visa is approved and the processing time was just 1 day.

My special thanks to MVENT00 AND Chetan for all the help and instant replies. It would have been a nightmare filing for it, considering all the doubts I had regarding the same.

Excellent help and replies by Mvent & Chetan.

Thanks again both of you.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier 1 Visa approved (Processing 1 day)

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi All,
I just got email confirmation that my Visa is approved and the processing time was just 1 day.

My special thanks to MVENT00 AND Chetan for all the help and instant replies. It would have been a nightmare filing for it, considering all the doubts I had regarding the same.

Congrates.!!!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 Visa approved (Processing 1 day)

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Great news indeed :) . It was very quick. Heartiest congratulations. Enjoy the moment. And wish you good luck in future.
krishna1215 wrote:Hi All,

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi,

Can you please tell did u send thru post or was it Walkin appointment.

If it was thru post then never heard some1 getting in just 1 day tht means ur so lucky.

If walkin then nothing so strange as every1 come to know the result on the same.

Please share your experiences.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Duvvuri, Krishna applied in Dublin, Ireland. His application was onlilne and he has in-person appointment. Still, it was fairly quick. If your documents are in order, and you present your case very well, supported by strong and valid evidences, case-workers normally decide quickly.
Duvvuri wrote:Hi,

Can you please tell did u send thru post or was it Walkin appointment.

If it was thru post then never heard some1 getting in just 1 day tht means ur so lucky.

If walkin then nothing so strange as every1 come to know the result on the same.

Please share your experiences.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Oh is it yeah quick but still i was wondering it was thru post and was like almost shocked.

Anyways congratulations for your visa.

Can we go to Dublin and apply from there in person application

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Im sorry i think visa is required to go to dublin and moreover i was so desperate tht if i can get anywhere walkin appointment so dint think much abt it.

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Oh is it yeah quick but still i was wondering it was thru post and was like almost shocked.

Anyways congratulations for your visa.

Can we go to Dublin and apply from there in person application
Sounds great :wink: , but for extensions you can apply only from within UK.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Duvvuri,

Firstly you can apply online if your country where ur in, is supported.
From Ireland you can. Then you got to book a appointment date

Thats the process I had gone thru.

I personally went there to dublin UK embassy on the selected appointment date, submitted all the documents and they took finger prints and a photogrpah.

I paid the necessary fee and also did opt for the return postage for which embassy sends us back the passport (fee being 6 Euro)

I just received a confirmation mail from them about the approval of visa. Just waiting for my passport.

Documentation made the difference. If its proper and clear, anyone should be fine and makes it easy for the caseworker to decide about ur application then and there itself. Bottom line being proper documentation.

As mentioned, I could do it with the help of MVENT and chetan.

No doubt they are the guys whom the credit should go for.

Thanks Again MVENT00 and Chetan!!!! Your marvellous :D

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Mvent & Chetan,
As you are aware, I applied as a single applicant. My wife and daughter are with me now in ireland. If I wanna apply for them, should I get a job first in UK or Can I apply staying in ireland.

Offcourse I need to show enough funds for them. I do have in India ON MY NAME. May be I can show that. Please guide me regarding this.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi Mvent & Chetan,
As you are aware, I applied as a single applicant. My wife and daughter are with me now in ireland. If I wanna apply for them, should I get a job first in UK or Can I apply staying in ireland.

Offcourse I need to show enough funds for them. I do have in India ON MY NAME. May be I can show that. Please guide me regarding this.
You can apply for your wife and daughter in Ireland, but you have to show 2800 + 1600 + 1600 GBP for three of you, from your account.

Or if your wife has an account, she could show 1600 + 1600 GBP for her and for your daughter.

Either way, these should be maintained for three consecutive months.

In addition to these, you will need photocopy of your Tier 1 visa along with their applications, marriage certificate with your wife's application, and birth certificate with your daughter's application.
Last edited by mvent00 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi Mvent,
Ok. Got it. So its not mandatory that you need to be in UK on job for certain amount of period and currently working. right!!!. I have seen some where, I might be totally incorrect, that they were asking for payslips etc + funds to show that the applicant is on job and he can maintain his family.

If this is not right, then I am fine to go ahead like.

If I wanna go ahead with their application, Is it again online submission first, and then get to the Embassy in person or would it be in person direct interview

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi Mvent,
Ok. Got it. So its not mandatory that you need to be in UK on job for certain amount of period and currently working. right!!!. I have seen some where, I might be totally incorrect, that they were asking for payslips etc + funds to show that the applicant is on job and he can maintain his family.

If this is not right, then I am fine to go ahead like.

If I wanna go ahead with their application, Is it again online submission first, and then get to the Embassy in person or would it be in person direct interview
For dependents of Tier 1 visa holder, you do not need these. As I said earlier, in addition to maintenance funds, you will need photocopy of your Tier 1 visa along with their applications, marriage certificate with your wife's application, and birth certificate with your daughter's application. Please see this link for details: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks again Mvent00
I have just seen the link posted by you

Its said

evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application;

"It says in your or their account" so, isnt it 1600(Wife) + 1600 (Child)
You had mentioned 2800 + 1600 + 1600 . Pls correct me if I am wrong.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi krishna,

Congrats...

Could you please help me by sending the covering letter which you used by removing ur details to my id: eskay_s@yahoo.com.

Tx

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:09 pm

eskay_s wrote:Hi krishna,

Congrats...

Could you please help me by sending the covering letter which you used by removing ur details to my id: eskay_s@yahoo.com.

Tx
you can find them here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Thanks again Mvent00
I have just seen the link posted by you

Its said

evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application;

"It says in your or their account" so, isnt it 1600(Wife) + 1600 (Child)
You had mentioned 2800 + 1600 + 1600 . Pls correct me if I am wrong.
You can find this from the detailed guidance in this link http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... policy.pdf at page 8, which states that:

Family member of a Tier 1 migrant
39. If the Tier 1 migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 am

Hi Mvent,
Thanks. Just received my passport and documents. All the photocopies were returned back. Cover letter was retained by them.
I got visa stamping from 01/01/2010 to 01/01/2013. (Multiple entry)

What is the next step to do from my end. Here in ireland, when we enter first time on work permit, one needs to go to Garda station, get registered and get a GNIB Card.

Are there any similar formalities to complete in UK??

Any link on web that would help to know the process.
Please let me know.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:07 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi Mvent,
Thanks. Just received my passport and documents. All the photocopies were returned back. Cover letter was retained by them. Great, how about originals?

I got visa stamping from 01/01/2010 to 01/01/2013. (Multiple entry)

What is the next step to do from my end. Here in ireland, when we enter first time on work permit, one needs to go to Garda station, get registered and get a GNIB Card. I think you better find some job first.

Are there any similar formalities to complete in UK??

Any link on web that would help to know the process.
Please let me know.

blueshuangyu
Newly Registered

Post by blueshuangyu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi,Krishan1215

I am in dublin as well but I am holding a student visa, can I ask whats the visa you hold when you apply?

I had been in internship in a company in 2009, and I am planning to apply in Jan,2010, do you think the earnings in the internship can be used to claim the points? I cant find any information about this.

Can anybody give me some idea?

p.s The internship is a part of the MBA course which the college can approve it, is that helpful?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:03 pm

blueshuangyu wrote:Hi,Krishan1215

I am in dublin as well but I am holding a student visa, can I ask whats the visa you hold when you apply?

I had been in internship in a company in 2009, and I am planning to apply in Jan,2010, do you think the earnings in the internship can be used to claim the points? I cant find any information about this.

p.s The internship is a part of the MBA course which the college can approve it, is that helpful?
Yes you can use earnings of internship provided your working hours are allowed under MBA course.

blueshuangyu
Newly Registered

Post by blueshuangyu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:58 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Yes you can use earnings of internship provided your working hours are allowed under MBA course.
Thank you chetanojha

Can you tell whats the mean the working hours are allowed under the course?

I am doing full-time work all the year, and my course dont need me to attend any class coz all I need to do is finish two projects by writting. My college told me I can do the full-time in this year, but is that a risk maybe break the immgration law in Ireland? Coz my stamp on the passport showed the student visa holder can only work 20 hours while study and fulltime in summer holiday. I am not sure the letter from college is sufficient enough to satisfy the uk officers ?

And this is a grey part in the irish immgration rules, I had been told this course has been approved by the department of justice, but I cant find any source in the justice.ie, so worry about this.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:04 pm

blueshuangyu wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Thank you chetanojha

I am doing full-time work all the year, and my course dont need me to attend any class coz all I need to do is finish two projects by writting. My college told me I can do the full-time in this year, but is that a risk maybe break the immgration law in Ireland? Coz my stamp on the passport showed the student visa holder can only work 20 hours while study and fulltime in summer holiday. I am not sure the letter from college is sufficient enough to satisfy the uk officers ?

And this is a grey part in the irish immgration rules, I had been told this course has been approved by the department of justice, but I cant find any source in the justice.ie, so worry about this.
That's what Chetan mentioned (red highlighted). Officially and legally, you can claim only that income which you have earned by this condition: only work 20 hours while study and fulltime in summer holiday.

blueshuangyu
Newly Registered

Post by blueshuangyu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 pm

mvent00 wrote:
blueshuangyu wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Thank you chetanojha

That's what Chetan mentioned (red highlighted). Officially and legally, you can claim only that income which you have earned by this condition: only work 20 hours while study and fulltime in summer holiday.

ok, that means my college gave me the wrong information, I think I need a employer letter to say my internship was part-time in school and full-time in summer? Ih hope they can do that for me.

anyway, thank you guys, thats really helpful

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 pm

blueshuangyu wrote: ok, that means my college gave me the wrong information, I think I need a employer letter to say my internship was part-time in school and full-time in summer? Ih hope they can do that for me.

Safe and sound..