ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport back from AIU

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vitavi

passport back from AIU

Post by Vitavi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 pm

I am new to this forum and would appreciate if someone could help me.

My maintenance appeal was allowed in Jun, but I only received the call-in letter in the end of September, 3 month later! I then posted my passport on to the AIU and they received it on 7th Oct. Unfortunatelly, I haven't heard anything from them back since then.

I am wondering if there are some people on this forum who are in the same situation, and if so, please advise me on how long it actually takes to get your passport back. I am so desperate now, don't really know what to do. Please share your experience with me.

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

Dude I had sent my passport on 24 of August, nothing heard yet.....its a "totally careless" situation out there.

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 pm

This service is absolutely terrible. Some people receive their visas within 8 weeks in total, but some are forced to wait for more than 16 weeks! I just don't know what to do, as without the visa in my passport i can neither work nor travel.

mistiq
Newly Registered

Post by mistiq » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Please share how you won your maintenance fund appeal? I am in the same boat..

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Rec'd callin letter on 12 oct. sent passports to AIU on 13 oct. Since then I haven't heard any thing.

Its almost 4 weeks. Does anyone has contact details?

heman

Post by heman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I have sent my passport two weeks ago after getting the call in letter, but didnot get any acknowledgement letter, should i be worried, please????

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:50 pm

hi heman,

thats normal process. no need to panic.

i have sent my passport on 13 oct. i havent received my passport back.

Can u pls tell me when did you post your passport to homeoffice???

Stephen_raaz

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 am

Hello, Guys!

I sent my documents to AIU on 6 Oct and my psw visa was endorsed on 26 Oct, but i didn't receive the passport back until after 4th Nov (10 days later). The delay could have been due to the postal strike.

The whole process took me 17 weeks since my determination. I believe service standards are absolutely terrible.

I know it is very frustrating to sit and wait, but patience pays back when you finaly receive your visa. Good luck to all who are still waiting!