ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizen marrying a2 national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

britishrick
Newly Registered

british citizen marrying a2 national

Post by britishrick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

hi all, first of all thanks for taking the time to read this,

i have been with my girlfriend for 18 months, she is bulgarian and i am british. we have been living together for a month now in england and the purpose of this was so we could marry and live together here. after marrying her she is going to apply for her blue registration certificateconfirming her right to work. my question is can they refuse the application due to 'marriage of convenience'? i mean we have been together 18 months but only living together for 1 month and she has only just come to reside in england. the only benefit she will obtain from marrying me is her right to work, so does anybody know of any case where this has been refused???

thanks