ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

full time salary and extra earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rima
Newly Registered

full time salary and extra earnings

Post by Rima » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for a Tier 1 General. Please advise me on my earnings.
with my full-time job salary i am not getting enough points, so i had to take some extra freelance contracts at weekends and on my holidays. now i am reaching £33, 000 per year and i am getting just a right.

However, a bit worried if i was allowed to take freelance jobs while i had my full-time employment. Just to clarify currently i am on my post-study working visa (2 year) plus registered, just in case, as a self employed so, pay both taxes.

please advise!!!!

Rima

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: full time salary and extra earnings

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:25 pm

I think you can claim as many valid sources of earning as you have. There should be no problem with PSW visa.
Rima wrote:Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for a Tier 1 General. Please advise me on my earnings.
with my full-time job salary i am not getting enough points, so i had to take some extra freelance contracts at weekends and on my holidays. now i am reaching £33, 000 per year and i am getting just a right.

However, a bit worried if i was allowed to take freelance jobs while i had my full-time employment. Just to clarify currently i am on my post-study working visa (2 year) plus registered, just in case, as a self employed so, pay both taxes.

please advise!!!!

Rima

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm

thanks dear for this.

i hope it wont give a problem. when you work as a freelancer difficult to get paid on time. so, i had to really push the agency to pay me for whole period. at the end all my money coming into account last three month.

rima

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 am

Rima wrote:thanks dear for this.

i hope it wont give a problem. when you work as a freelancer difficult to get paid on time. so, i had to really push the agency to pay me for whole period. at the end all my money coming into account last three month.

rima
Great!! Make sure that these earned amounts support each other by two proofs of different origin (payslips/letter from employer/letter from accountant + personal bank statements).

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks!

With regards to an application, which category i would fall what do you think? Employed or self employed?

rima

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Rima wrote:Thanks!

With regards to an application, which category i would fall what do you think? Employed or self employed?

rima
There is no category for application with regard to employed or self-employed. Employed and self-employed are related to only previous earning section of the Tier 1 application. In your case, you will claim two earing sources, one with your employed salary and the other one with self-employed salary.

But keep in mind, that you would be claiming period of any consecutive 12 months within last 15 months, and both of your salaries should be deposited within these tweleve months.

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Great! Thanks mvent00!

Rima
Newly Registered

Self-employed pay issue!! Urgent!!

Post by Rima » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi mvent00 and other senior members please help!

After screening the posts (and particularly “rice-porridgeâ€

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: Self-employed pay issue!! Urgent!!

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm

[quote="Rima"]Hi mvent00 and other senior members please help!

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 pm

thank you Sheraz,

so, i will sign a letter with, but i need papers for HO. what would you suggest how accountnt can help me out in this situation?

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Rima wrote:thank you Sheraz,

so, i will sign a letter with, but i need papers for HO. what would you suggest how accountnt can help me out in this situation?
Hi Rima,

It depends case to case and specfic situation. Generally if you are working as a salaried person then you dont need an accountant. All you need is pay slips and bank statements.

For a self-employed you definately needs an accountant because you cannot self-certify your income. You need an independent accountant to varify your income.

It is normally your Profit and loss account and balance sheet etc. if you are working through limited company then you will also need dividend vouchers etc.

Your accountant will preprare your PL account and give you a letter which will certify your income.

If you need more specifc advice please pm me your full case detail and I will be happy to give you free advice.

Regards,

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks for this!

perhaps, i can ring you today! in couple of hors?

let me know your availability.

rima

ankoos
Newly Registered

Re: Self-employed pay issue!! Urgent!!

Post by ankoos » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:26 pm

[quote="Rima"]Hi mvent00 and other senior members please help!

Rima
Newly Registered

Post by Rima » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:40 pm

hi Ankoos,

just sent pm

r