ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax credits claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flo rida
Newly Registered

tax credits claim

Post by flo rida » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:55 am

i recently made a joint tax credits claim and received this response; 1st was a questionnaire to give my bank details, and whether i was subject to immigration control and partner's NI. partner is overstayer, so i explained this in a letter. they have responded and said they have sent my partner's details to Jobcentre Plus and that JCP will be in touch to invite partner for interview to assess and confirm identity. my concerns are: should i still not be getting tax credits even though my partner is overstayer, i've got ILR., how will partner get NI if overstayer and not working? is there a chance that the'll disregard his status and pay the tax credits? what should i do. help please anyone, especially john. thanks in advance.