ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pay error/payslip/bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amapee2008
Newly Registered

pay error/payslip/bank

Post by Amapee2008 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:02 am

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction on what to do about this?

My salary for the month of October went into my bank account yesterday but was not the right amount and same wrong amount reflected on my payslip.

I have spoken to payroll in my office who have raised an open cheque for me to pick up cash which I will pay into my own account today. I am extending under Tier 1 in Feb.

Can I ask them to raise another payslip or can I ask for a letter explaining that an error made when payslip was generated and wrong amount posted to bank account?

Looking forward to your advise on this.

Thanks!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: pay error/payslip/bank

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:13 am

Amapee2008 wrote:Hi,

My salary for the month of October went into my bank account yesterday but was not the right amount and same wrong amount reflected on my payslip.

I have spoken to payroll in my office who have raised an open cheque for me to pick up cash which I will pay into my own account today. I am extending under Tier 1 in Feb.

Can I ask them to raise another payslip or can I ask for a letter explaining that an error made when payslip was generated and wrong amount posted to bank account?

Thanks!
Yes as you mentioned getting a letter from the employer explaining about the discrepancy caused and how it is fixed with the actual salary details and the details of how it is deposited in the bank with dates is the best option.. so that when you file you application.. this letter will support u for that month..

You can find the tabular formats of this letter as a sticky posted by CHETAN

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 am

does the difference in pay affect your total earnings to cause you to have reduction in your points?

if you are able to get the same amount of points with the reduced amount (which matches with your payslips and bank statements), my suggestion would be to leave it at that, and not bother to claim the cheque payment.

remember, more paperwork causes more problems.

good luck.
sean

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 pm

take care of proper documentation

otherwise these HO case workers r some times too smart or over enthusiast .

Amapee2008
Newly Registered

Post by Amapee2008 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Thank you very much.

I appreciate all your efforts in putting me through

Amapee2008

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: pay error/payslip/bank

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Amapee2008 wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
Well if your payslips and bank statement matches(even if it is wrong) i don't see any problem with it.If you don't have problem with the amount (in meeting creteria) then i would say keep it simple..and continue with the amount. You can ask your HR to adjust the same in next months salary and also match the payslips(with adjustment).

But if you wanna change/correct it, make sure you explain things clearly as ramesh and other member has said. It is very imperative to make sure dumb caseworker absorb all information as easily as possible ;-)