ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal WON, How long for Visa issue?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stevec
Newly Registered

Appeal WON, How long for Visa issue?

Post by stevec » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 pm

After 10 long months of submitting papers and waiting for the outcome of a recent appeal we have finally been given the dtermination which finds the decision unlawful and against immigration law, therefore its been granted by the immigration judge. :D

My question is how long does it normally take from the time the determination is given to the Embassy in Philippines from the UK and how long is it after that time does the applicant get call up papers or a telephone call? and is the visa issued the same day?

Anyone have an idea i would appreciate the information.

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 pm

The judge will only confirm in writing your win which you’ll get from him in a week or so after the tribunal. The HO have 14 days to appeal after you receive this letter I think, after which the judgement is sent to the consulate (give it another week to get there). Only then can you request that the consulate give your the visa you're now entitled to. You might have to push for it - can take a 6 weeks or so all in. maybe even longer...

stevec
Newly Registered

wait times

Post by stevec » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:10 pm

ginoT wrote:The judge will only confirm in writing your win which you’ll get from him in a week or so after the tribunal. The HO have 14 days to appeal after you receive this letter I think, after which the judgement is sent to the consulate (give it another week to get there). Only then can you request that the consulate give your the visa you're now entitled to. You might have to push for it - can take a 6 weeks or so all in. maybe even longer...
Thanks Gino T

Got the letter from the judge last week, ruling states determination to be given in 10 days ours took 8 weeks(?) from date of hearing. Learnt the HO have 5 working days to ask for reconsideration ( highly unlikely i think ), do you know from experiance or from others if it has been issued quicker than the 6 weeks mark or is this the norm?

I was told it goes via diplomatic bag every week from the UK.

The embassy web site says give it three weeks before they ( embassy) write or call.

What is the normal wait time?

stevec

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:19 pm

I would count the days until you expect the consulate to have the judgement, then write (via email if you can) with a scan/copy of the judgement and request they provide you with the visa without delay and give them a reason why you need it quickly.

you'll probably have to chase

stevec
Newly Registered

Post by stevec » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 pm

ginoT wrote:I would count the days until you expect the consulate to have the judgement, then write (via email if you can) with a scan/copy of the judgement and request they provide you with the visa without delay and give them a reason why you need it quickly.

you'll probably have to chase
Thanks GinoT for the info, dont like the last bit though you'll probably have to chase lol. :o

I'll let you know how things go.

Cheers

Stevec :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Steve, if its any consolitation to you, in Pakistan its taking on average 5 months to get visa stamped after a succesful appeal :D :lol:

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm

batleykhan wrote:Steve, if its any consolitation to you, in Pakistan its taking on average 5 months to get visa stamped after a succesful appeal :D :lol:

hey

its true as batley khan mentioned about the situation in Pakistan,

mine is settlement visa, allowed appeal, 7 months since i have been waiting for my passport to be returned , no news about my passport . BHC keep repeating the same story ,it is in process. Its torment.

cheers

stevec
Newly Registered

Post by stevec » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 am

AS2009 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Steve, if its any consolitation to you, in Pakistan its taking on average 5 months to get visa stamped after a succesful appeal :D :lol:

hey

its true as batley khan mentioned about the situation in Pakistan,

mine is settlement visa, allowed appeal, 7 months since i have been waiting for my passport to be returned , no news about my passport . BHC keep repeating the same story ,it is in process. Its torment.

cheers
Thanks Guys for the information really helpfull, but is it not a different story in Pakistan, due to the high demand of aplications and cases? or can i take it this is worldwide?.

Was hoping to ghet things sorted out before December 25 christmas, but that doesnt seem likely i could be wrong though.

Im gonna keep calling them and emailing them every other day to hurry them up. :wink:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:51 am

For you Steve I would say 2-3 months max.

Just keep bombarding them with emails :lol:

stevec
Newly Registered

Post by stevec » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm

batleykhan wrote:For you Steve I would say 2-3 months max.

Thanks for the info hope its earlier than that though.

stevec
Newly Registered

Post by stevec » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Just to let you guys know , whats happening, bombarded the embassy with emails , fax of the determination, and got a reply in two days after the fax went, i was asked to forward the passport and it was received a day later at the visa section.

Since had an update by the embassy via email that passport was received and is currently with the ECO dealing with the visa. Have been told that the visa issuance will be completed within 1 week, lets see what happens around Thursday this week, when the week is up. Not bad average saying as the determination only took two weeks from the UK to Philippines embassy, then 2 days after that asking for the passport to be sent, maybe they're not too busy. :D

stevec
Newly Registered

Passport and visa returned

Post by stevec » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 pm

stevec wrote:

Just to let you guys know , whats happening, bombarded the embassy with emails , fax of the determination, and got a reply in two days after the fax went, i was asked to forward the passport and it was received a day later at the visa section.

Since had an update by the embassy via email that passport was received and is currently with the ECO dealing with the visa. Have been told that the visa issuance will be completed within 1 week, lets see what happens around Thursday this week, when the week is up. Not bad average saying as the determination only took two weeks from the UK to Philippines embassy, then 2 days after that asking for the passport to be sent, maybe they're not too busy. :D

Just to let everyone know on the forum that everything finalised.

Got the passport and the visa issued in one week. Sent the passport 19 Nov returned Nov 26. Full settlement to join parent(s) in the UK Multiple entry, ILR.

Can i suggest that if you are waiting for an appeal visa to be issued bombard the embassy daily with emails, fax's etc. i did and look what happened.

Finaly justice has been served and we can enjoy Christmaas as a family unit. By the way my wifes daughter is already in the UK no questions at Heathrow, at all more interested in her grandmother travelling on a BNO.

Best regards to all And merry christmas to all.

Stevec :D