ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary permit while waiting for EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cantaro

Temporary permit while waiting for EEA2

Post by cantaro » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 pm

I am a German citizen, my wife is Argentinian. We are currently living in Ireland but considering moving to the UK next year. One major obstacle would be the waiting time for an EEA2 permit, which, as I understand the threads in this forum, currently tends to exceed the 6 months limit stipulated by EU regulations. My wife already had to wait 5 months in Ireland back when we got here, so she is not keen on having to wait once again.

In Ireland they have now changed the procedure such that an applicant gets a temporary work permit valid for 6 months upon providing the letter of receipt sent by the Immigration Bureau. Do they have a similar provision in the UK now as well? It would reduce the waiting time to a few weeks at most, and she would be able to work while the EEA2 application is being processed.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find it using the forum search.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 pm

cantaro wrote:Do they have a similar provision in the UK now as well?
No.

What your wife would get, however, is a Residence Card (that's not a 'permit'). She will get a Certificate of Approval (CoA) which will confirm her application and advices her about her rights. The CoA should be sufficient proof for employers, but in practice there may be problems...