ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Present Address" in Form AN - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsheriff
Newly Registered

"Present Address" in Form AN - Naturalisation

Post by rsheriff » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:53 pm

My wife is in the process of applying for British Naturalisation. She is a doctor by profession, and has been working away from London on a 6 month contract with the NHS.

I own a flat in London where she was residing before she took this position in Wakefield, but travels back substantially all the weekends. She uses the address in London for all correspondence with banks/ voting list/ council etc. At Wakefield she has taken an NHS arranged room accomodation (in a house shared with other occupants) on a 6 month short term tenancy. The tenancy contract for this accomodation specifies that council tax is the responsibility of the landlord.

My questions are:

- Which address should she use in the present address section in the form? Our preference would be to use the one in London, as it is also the permanent address.

- If we use the address in London as the present address in the form, is there a need to explain in the "other information" section that she resides during weekdays in Wakefield where she rents a room accomodation with shared facilities.

- If we specify in the "other information" section that she rents a room accomodation, should we also include a statement that per the tenancy agreement, the council tax is the responsibility of the landlord?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:57 pm

I think you are thinking too much about this. IMHO you could either put you london address or the wakefield address as you have explained. Either way i doubt that this will be an issue

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

You just need to use your address as this is where all details are registered to