ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Marriage....... unmarried partner

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

successful
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Marriage....... unmarried partner

Post by successful » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:15 am

Hi guys,

Please help me resolving an issue:

I am in UK under Tier 1.

Maintained GBP 2800+1600 from last 3 months for making application for the dependent. Is this amount sufficient, more or less??

I want to call my girlfriend here as a dependent so that we can marry here within 6 months. Is there any kind of visa for this situation??? I have heared there is a visa but not sure about that.

If yes, what is the success rate and how much time it generally takes for application to be successful??

Regards.

Please reply soon

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Marriage....... unmarried partner

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 am

successful wrote:I want to call my girlfriend here as a dependent so that we can marry here within 6 months. Is there any kind of visa for this situation??? I have heared there is a visa but not sure about that.
Unfortunately, the Fiance(e)/Proposed civil partner visa is available to partners of settled or British or EEA citizens only.

Does she qualify as your unmarried partner?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

successful
Newly Registered

Post by successful » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 am

Thans for reply.

May be not.

what would be the alternatives then??? Do I need to go to India then, and get married and make her application. In that process how much time it generally takes for the whole procedure and what is the success rate????