ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I get refused if the short of 800 pound for a week?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michelle1832
Newly Registered

Will I get refused if the short of 800 pound for a week?

Post by michelle1832 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have a problem at the moment concerning with my PSW application. My student visa expires at 31th of January, but I didn't realize that there's must be 800 pound for three whole months(before I've only got 400 pound in my account). Today (1st Nov)I've got enough money from my parents, but I reckon that it will be still short a week since I was told that we need to deliver the materials a least a week before the visa expire day. I'm afraid I will be rejected by the HO and I'm really frustrated. Is there anybody could give me some advice about this?Thank you!

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:50 pm

yes..refusal

michelle1832
Newly Registered

Post by michelle1832 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Thank you for your reply. But do I have any other options I can get the PSW visa?Thank you again~

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:19 pm

michelle1832 wrote:Thank you for your reply. But do I have any other options I can get the PSW visa?Thank you again~
Do u have any other accounts - savings or joint?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

michelle1832
Newly Registered

Post by michelle1832 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:54 pm

no, this is my only account in UK, but I've got another account back in China, will that work?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:27 pm

michelle1832 wrote:no, this is my only account in UK, but I've got another account back in China, will that work?
If it's got money in it to make up the difference. Probably need it translating and notarising tho.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mistiq
Newly Registered

Post by mistiq » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:58 am

Hi there,
Firstly I am also in the same boat and I feel sorry for you. But luckily you still have time to do something about your account and you still have some time. If your visa is running out on 31st January, I suggest you apply after 25th January. So you will need to show balance from atleast 20th oct- nov/nov-dec/dec-jan. For january statement, get a print out from bank, get it stamped etc as you can't wait for the real statement to arrive. If you don't have the money for october, borrow it from family/friends/ bank whatever it takes. To cover up for October deficit,please open a joint account with your family. Open an overdraft limit, whatever it takes to show you have the limit. I hope it makes sense. I really wish someone gave me that advice. I think you still have time luckily. Good luck

imran665
Newly Registered

hi guys

Post by imran665 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:28 am

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR GIVING ME YOUR TIME FOR POST STUDY VISA PROBLEM

DEAR FRIENDS
my visa is expiring on 31 JAN 2010..
I GOT STATEMENTS FROM 20 OCT - NOV, 20 NOV-DEC, 20 DEC - JAN

I WANT TO APPLY PSW APPLICATION ON 26-30 JANUARY WITH NEXT DAY DELIVERY...
THE PROBLEM IS ON MY FIRST STATEMENT MY BALANCE IS 533 FOR ONLY 3 DAYS,,,IT WAS UNFORTUNATE I DID NOT KNOW THAT EVERY TIME IT SHOULD BE £800 AS I HAVE SEEN MANY STUDENT APPLY AND LATER THEY REFUSED BUT ON APPEAL THEY HAD SHOWED NEW STATEMENTS... I AM SAD BUT NOT WORRY BCS WE R HUMAN BEINGS AND WE CAN DO MISTAKE. ANYWAY JUST ONLY FOR ONE DAY WILL I GET REFUSUAL ? DO YOU GUYS THINK WE SHOULD APPLY FOR NEW UNI PROFFESSIONAL COURSE FOR STUDENT VISA FOR 6-7 MONTHS AND THEN APPLY OR WE SHOULD APPLY PSW

PLEASE HELP ME....
THANKS IMRAN

czkhan
Newly Registered

Post by czkhan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Hello,

I have similar problem as well.

I made a post study work application under tier-1 visa category on 25th Sept 2009. I received all my documents today with the refusal letter dated 12th Nov 2009. My application was rejected on the ground of insufficient funds required for the minimum duration of 90 days. As such I manage to keep my balance above the minimum requirement of £800.00 from 28th Jun 2009 as of today (16th Nov 2009). Hence, if i would have made my application on 28th Sept 2009, it would have fulfilled 90 days requirement, but due to panic I applied 3 days before cos I didn't wanted the application to be received by home office after my visa would have expired on 30th Sept 2009. What should I do now?

1) Appeal against the home office's decision? (I don't know on what ground I can make my appeal since as per the rules when I made my application I didn't had sufficient fund for the required duration of 90 days and this fact doesn't change even when I appeal, although I have managed the balance above the required limit of £800 since 28th Jun 2009).

2) Am I allowed to make a fresh application despite the fact that my last visa expired on 30th Sept 2009?

If I reapply after my visa expired, will this affect my 10 years continuous stay in UK when I apply for my permanent leave to remain (I have been living in UK since Sept 2003)?

heman

Post by heman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 pm

you have to appeal if you want to stay in UK, otherwise you will be forced to leave uk after 2-3 weeks. Once you appeal ur current visa will be extended automatically, then i dont know if you can make a fresh application. search this website and u may find some1 who has done it, may be.G' luk

czkhan
Newly Registered

Post by czkhan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 pm

heman wrote:you have to appeal if you want to stay in UK, otherwise you will be forced to leave uk after 2-3 weeks. Once you appeal ur current visa will be extended automatically, then i dont know if you can make a fresh application. search this website and u may find some1 who has done it, may be.G' luk
Thanks for the reply...

I have now been in touch with several solicitors and based on general advise I received from them I think appeal is the best way forward since it will protect my rights to stay in this country. Cos if I reapply then I will be considered over stayer for the new application and I wouldnt have any right to appeal if it gets rejected next time..Also it might affect me in the future when I am planning to apply for permanant leave to remain.

I hope this peice of information helps to someone in similar situation as me...

cocoy
Newly Registered

Post by cocoy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:11 am

Also, if its possible, provide an additional source of funds on top of what you have already shown. This will reinforce your appeal.

Best of luck!