ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entering UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_cvid
Newly Registered

entering UK

Post by s_cvid » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 am

hello,
Last edited by s_cvid on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 am

to be on the safe side, the UKBA advise you carry a copy of all the documents you submitted with your original visa application, that way if they start asking you awkward questions at passport control (like do you still live at x address, on what basis were you granted a visa...), you have everything right there

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 pm

thank you for your reply

bobbysatya4u

Re: entering UK on my own

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 pm

s_cvid wrote:hello,

im going away for 1 week, ive got a UK residence card, will my passport and residence card be enough or do i need to show other documents (marriage certificate, proof ot treaty rights...ect)...and what questions do they normally ask at the border control...thanks
U can enter on ur own without any problems as i have done it for several times.U might face someone asking u million questions but if u have all the answers,there shouldnt be a problem at all.Questions they ask are all about your spouse and her whereabouts.When did u get married n ur adress etc.nothing extraordinary.Hope that helps.

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Re: entering UK on my own

Post by s_cvid » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:41 pm

thank you so much