ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to show work my visa again?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Do I have to show work my visa again?

Post by VillaLion » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 am

Quick question:

I'm perfectly legal in the UK, have been for 5 years. I showed my visa to work two years ago and they have a copy on their record of my visa. They have again asked to see my visa and I was wondering whether, by law, I need to show it to them once again?

Don't really mind showing them, but I just wondered whether they can actually keep on asking.

Thanks.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 am

What does it say in your contract, or if they have one, the company handbook, to which you will have signed up?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:07 pm

If you have ILR and they agree they have a copy on file they do not need another one. I can't see any reason - they would be wasting your time as well as theirs. Maybe they have changed HR systems or something?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Maybe they've got some sort of periodic audit process - for all they know you could have had your visa or ILR revoked and they'd be in the shit for employing you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Post by VillaLion » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Fair enough - thanks for your advice. I'll be showing them again then!

winber

Post by winber » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 am

They were probably just running a routine audit. Similar thing happened to me, though in my case they asked me to prove I was a member of the BCS. I wasn't a member and had never claimed to be, yet they thought it was in some way important for my work permit...