ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO made an error

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mistiq
Newly Registered

HO made an error

Post by mistiq » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:28 pm

I applied for IGS in june. They gave me IGS from july 14 2008 to 09 july 2009. Now I have been refused PSW because of falling short of £800 in the month of april out april/may/june bank statements.

I should have been given PSW for 2 years if the new post study work came into effect from 30th june 2008. As a result I have lost £500 for application and hassle of appeal.

Not only that
I had various other issues applying previous grants, such as when I applied to extend my student visa in March 2008. The original visa granted to me was one that prohibited my attending the graduation ceremony for the degree I had worked three years to attain. My university actually wrote on my behalf stating my graduation ceremony would be held in November 2008. To my disappointment what I got back was only leave to remain until June 2008, which gave me only three months visa. I was told I would have to apply again to attend my graduation ceremony. I paid another £400 to have it extended for another 3 months.

Its been constant struggle with Home Office regarding extending my visa. However moving forward do you its a strong ground to appeal that HO made an error not granting me 2 years visa in the first place when at the time of applying I was eligible. Also like I have said I could also point out article 8 in my case as my family have now moved to the UK. We live together.

What do you think? What are my chances?

Many thanks