ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused situation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simar

confused situation

Post by simar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:25 pm

Hi Guys,
I have peculiar problem. I recently got hsmp approval. Will apply for EC clearance soon. However I am getting other push pulls that make decision difficult. First as of now my company do not know about my hsmp status . I guess so. They want me to go for 1 ½ years to US on h1b. for current project ,I am working on. My parents and even my spouse pushing me to accept this and forget hsmp uk. The rational they have , I have applied for Canadian PR too. Though Canadian system is taking lot of time from Delhi. Around 42 months for their IA. Now my this period of 42 months will be over in Sept End, I just hope they do just wake up from long sleep and do some initial assessment. Any case my IETLS score was 7.5 Generally for score more than 7 they skip interviews. What family wants, go to US with present job & then move to Canada.
But my thinking is UK is much better place in terms of job. On facial thing too I believe the society is very secular, may not be that good as compare to Canada ( called Land of immigrants).
From people already in UK I would like to know if the weather makes the difference in terms of finding jobs. As after NOV, the winters will set in till FEB/March. Will that time will be harsh for new comers to find job & living too during initial settlement.
If I delay my visit to uk for few months, for Canada assessment wait. Will it will be worth..

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:47 am

Hi Simar,

nice thread. being your place i would ask myself the following questions:

1. where is my current company US location? is it a nice place to stay until i get green card and citizenship after X (8?) years?

since when you get hsmp visa you may consider yourself living anywhere in the UK and work for any employer as well as being self-employed. having only h1b would cost you living in some exact area with almost no ability to move to better places (unless your company has several offices in the US and you can move between them..)
UK +1
US -1
Canada 0

2. if i want to live in Canada, what is the best place to stay until i get the canadian residentship?

if my plan is to live in North America (which is a great idea itself) then it is better probably to spend some good time in the States. may be my company will offer me green card soon or i will get offer from another employer - who knows? moreover, i will get some of US lifestyle and Canada will be fine for me - no culture shock is expected.
UK -1
US +1
Canada +1

3. if i want to live large, what is the place where i am, making X money and paying Y taxes would have Z cash and could afford myself MORE things to buy (fashion cars, large house with pond, etc.)?
UK -1
US +1
Canada 0

let's see what we have:
UK: -1
US: +1
Ca: +1
unless you have very attractive package waiting for you in the UK or let's say you like this country with your heart, you should consider yourself going on US continent (prefereably USA, if not - Canada is also great place): it is easier to make money and not to pay high taxes and stay with more cash having more fun.

PS: rough questionnaire, ya know.. but get the idea, not emotions...

simar

Post by simar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Korben Dallas,
Thanks for the detail analysis.I have make up my mind. Will go to UK on hsmp. Will also keep Canada option open , As its laws are flexible for 2 out of 5 year requirement. I can easily wait/work another 3-4 years in uk. Meanwhile in case good job opportunity do came from Canada . Will make switchover. Else will start my own work/startup from Canada after 4 years. It is open secret that jobs in Canada are very less.
At lest this will be plan right now. Rest god knows.

simar