ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

call in letter recived, whats next?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

feel_love217

call in letter recived, whats next?

Post by feel_love217 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 am

My solicitor received ‘call in letter’ and asking me £150 to help send the passport to get visa stamped.

i have already paid £900 for appeal and everything!

He is been greedy!

Can i do it by myself by sending passport and two photographs? Do I need anything more than that?

please help
regards

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Since the call-in letter was posted to your solicitor and not to you, it would be better if your solicitor sends the documents in. I had the same issue, and had to go through a solicitor because i didn't personally receive any letters from the AIU.

You can certainly try to do it yourself, but it might cause delays. However, in the end of the day this is your decision. But if you decide to do it yourself, send a cover letter together with your passport explaining why you are sending the documents, and not your solicitor.

feyik
Newly Registered

Post by feyik » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:17 pm

That solicitor is a rogue. Yes you can send it yourself. My call up letter went to my solicitor and he forwarded the letter to my e mail and ask me to send my passport to home office with my passport photographs which i did. I wrote a letter in the envelope asking home office to send my passport back to me which they did.

So ignore your solicitr and send your passport and pictures directly to Home Office

feel_love217

Post by feel_love217 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:20 pm

feyik wrote:That solicitor is a rogue. Yes you can send it yourself. My call up letter went to my solicitor and he forwarded the letter to my e mail and ask me to send my passport to home office with my passport photographs which i did. I wrote a letter in the envelope asking home office to send my passport back to me which they did.

So ignore your solicitr and send your passport and pictures directly to Home Office
thanks for reply feyik, how long it took for the whole thing? starting from reciveing the call in letter until u recived ur passport.

regards

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:26 pm

feyik wrote:ask me to send my passport to home office with my passport photographs which i did. I wrote a letter in the envelope asking home office to send my passport back to me which they did.
Hi Feyik,

I've just won my appeal and am trying to get my Passport stamped ASAP as I have to travel shortly.

I am going to send it to the AIU without waiting for the call in letter but I am wondering if the photos need to have anything special on them - ie. do I need to write my name and the date on the back or something?

I intend to send the following:

1. Covering Letter.
2. Passport.
3. 2x Passport photos.
4. A copy of the decesion.
5. A letter from my employer asking them to expedite the visa.

Any advice is much appreciated!

heman

Post by heman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:01 am

i have changed my address recently, its quiet simple!! just send them a covering letter, thats it. remind them again when u send the passport, in case they forget to update the address.

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Send your passport with photos. Also write your full name on back of your photos.
Wehi wrote:
feyik wrote:ask me to send my passport to home office with my passport photographs which i did. I wrote a letter in the envelope asking home office to send my passport back to me which they did.
Hi Feyik,

I've just won my appeal and am trying to get my Passport stamped ASAP as I have to travel shortly.

I am going to send it to the AIU without waiting for the call in letter but I am wondering if the photos need to have anything special on them - ie. do I need to write my name and the date on the back or something?

1. Covering Letter.
2. Passport.
3. 2x Passport photos.

Any advice is much appreciated!

heman

Post by heman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:49 pm

[quote="Wehi"][quote="feyik"]ask me to send my passport to home office with my passport photographs which i did. I wrote a letter in the envelope asking home office to send my passport back to me which they did.[/quote]

Hi Feyik,

1. Covering Letter.
2. Passport.
3. 2x Passport photos.

Any advice is much appreciated![/quote]

you need someone's signature on the pic just to certify that those are ur picz

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:28 pm

heman wrote: you need someone's signature on the pic just to certify that those are ur picz
Thanks heman, much appreciated.

Does it have to be someone in particular? or will anyone do?

Also do they need to send a letter also to identify themselves, or simply sign the back?

Cheers

heman

Post by heman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:19 pm

cheers mate.
what i have done is that i have sent 4 photogrpahs and my gp doctor (any professional- 1st class job holder) wrote that the pic is mine (in formal language) and in the cover letter i have given the full name and address and contact no. of the doctor/GP. thats wat i have done, donno if its right or wrong

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:00 am

heman wrote:cheers mate.
what i have done is that i have sent 4 photogrpahs and my gp doctor (any professional- 1st class job holder) wrote that the pic is mine (in formal language) and in the cover letter i have given the full name and address and contact no. of the doctor/GP. thats wat i have done, donno if its right or wrong
Thanks for your help Herman. I've sent mine away this morning and will let the board know how it goes. I got a collegue to sign the photos and put a note saying it was myself and how to contact him.

Its an odd requirement, you'd think they could just compare the photos with the one in the passport! Sometimes I get the feeling the home office live in a little world of their own.

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:43 am

Okay I've gotten my passport back - here's my time line:

12th November - Got my determination.
23rd November - Sent my passport, 2 photos, a covering letter, and copy of the determination to the Leeds AIU - I waited this long so as to give them room to appeal which they didn't.
7th December - New Visa is issued.
11th December - Passport arrives by registerered post.

So just under 3 weeks and it appears you don't have to wait for the call in letter - although you do have to send your passport to the right office for your visa type.