ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW complications and mistakes

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nezinho

PSW complications and mistakes

Post by nezinho » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey, I've got a problem (I'm not sure though).

1. I applied for a PSW visa from my home country. In the immigration history questions, I was asked if I was ever deported or required to leave the UK. I believe I was not because when I applied for my PSW visa in the UK and was rejected, I left the country 10 BUSINESS days after the decision was made and ten days after I recieved the rejection letter. Furthermore I was never sent a deportation order of any kind. The only mistake I made was that I left myself with my own money and did not contact "my local enforcement office" or the Home Office prior to leaving. I did not mention this is my current PSW app. Should I have??

Also, when at the airport the UKBA people didn't question me once I showed them my visa rejection letter.

2. FINALLY, in my form when claiming points I claimed all individual points corrently on the summary sheet (as I have ALL the requried evidence) but I did not add up the total correctly. I added up to 90 instead of 95.

Will this affect my app??? I pray not coz it was an honest mistake. Please let me know.

Nezinho

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Did you mention in your application form that your visa was ones refused?

If so, then you should have replied to the question about whether you were ever required to leave the coutry like that: 'as per the refusal letter'.
However, if you mentioned the refusal, but stated you were not required to leave, then i don't think it is going to be a problem. Even if it is a problem, then you can explain in the administrative review that you misunderstood the question.

On the other hand, if you didn't mention the fact of the refusal, then it would be a deception case and your application would be refused.

You also correctly answered the question whether you were ever deported or not. Since no deportation order was issued, you were not deported, but left voluntarily.

nezinho

Post by nezinho » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

vinata wrote:Did you mention in your application form that your visa was ones refused?

If so, then you should have replied to the question about whether you were ever required to leave the coutry like that: 'as per the refusal letter'.
However, if you mentioned the refusal, but stated you were not required to leave, then i don't think it is going to be a problem. Even if it is a problem, then you can explain in the administrative review that you misunderstood the question.

On the other hand, if you didn't mention the fact of the refusal, then it would be a deception case and your application would be refused.

You also correctly answered the question whether you were ever deported or not. Since no deportation order was issued, you were not deported, but left voluntarily.
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I did mention the initial PSW visa refusal and gave the UKBA reference number for it so hopefully that should be fine. I also gave evidence about my buying the ticket and boarding the plane i.e. the ticket stub.

So that just leaves the points mis-totalling (if that's a word). I did claim the individual points in order and provided evidence for each. I just added the total wrong. Do you think that's going to be an issue?

Nezinho

imran665
Newly Registered

HI I JUST HEARD...ITS VERY SAD..THAT U LEAVE UK

Post by imran665 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 am

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR GIVING ME YOUR TIME FOR POST STUDY VISA PROBLEM

DEAR FRIENDS
my visa is expiring on 31 JAN 2010..
I GOT STATEMENTS FROM 20 OCT - NOV, 20 NOV-DEC, 20 DEC - JAN

I WANT TO APPLY PSW APPLICATION ON 26-30 JANUARY WITH NEXT DAY DELIVERY...
THE PROBLEM IS ON MY FIRST STATEMENT MY BALANCE IS 533 FOR ONLY 3 DAYS,,,IT WAS UNFORTUNATE I DID NOT KNOW THAT EVERY TIME IT SHOULD BE £800 AS I HAVE SEEN MANY STUDENT APPLY AND LATER THEY REFUSED BUT ON APPEAL THEY HAD SHOWED NEW STATEMENTS... I AM SAD BUT NOT WORRY BCS WE R HUMAN BEINGS AND WE CAN DO MISTAKE. ANYWAY JUST ONLY FOR ONE DAY WILL I GET REFUSUAL ? DO YOU GUYS THINK WE SHOULD APPLY FOR NEW UNI PROFFESSIONAL COURSE FOR STUDENT VISA FOR 6-7 MONTHS AND THEN APPLY OR WE SHOULD APPLY PSW

PLEASE HELP ME....
THANKS IMRAN