ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation proof while sharing house

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Accomodation proof while sharing house

Post by anishpadela » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 visa in UK and want to apply for my dependant’s visa to bring them over here.
I understand this requires accommodation proof with evidence such as tenancy contract and council tax or utility bills.

Here, I am sharing the house with another tenant and all related tenancy agreements are under the name of other tenant.
All related expenses like council tax and utility bills are paid by same tenant.

So, I do not have any evidence such as tenancy agreement or council tax under my name.
Pls note the house is big and I am having 2 bedroom with lounge dedicated for use by me and my dependant.

Pls let me know in this case what evidence I can produce to satisfy the criteria of having accommodation.

Rgds
Anis

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi,

i have the same doubt as well. I am going to be married in Jan and i am bringing my fiancee to the uk after Jan. I live in a shared accomodation but have a double bedrooom of my own. Its a 4 bedroom house (3 double + 1 single) and we are 4 of us at present. Say if i can get a NOC from landlord, will it be ok for my fiancee to stay in my double bedroom ? (total ppl then would be 5 for 4 bedroom house). if yes what documents i need to show because i dont have any utility bill or council tax on my tax. its paid by landlord

Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi,

i have the same doubt as well. I am going to be married in Jan and i am bringing my fiancee to the uk after Jan. I live in a shared accomodation but have a double bedrooom of my own. Its a 4 bedroom house (3 double + 1 single) and we are 4 of us at present. Say if i can get a NOC from landlord, will it be ok for my fiancee to stay in my double bedroom ? (total ppl then would be 5 for 4 bedroom house). if yes what documents i need to show because i dont have any utility bill or council tax on my tax. its paid by landlord

Thanks

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:54 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hi...

I inquired with VFS, India and got below reply.

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

We understand your concern, Applicants need to provide rental agreement, leased agreement or mortgaged paper (incase of own accommodation) for accommodation proof. If the accommodation is in some other’s the name then you need to get a NOC from the other tenant and from the owner of the accommodation as well.

So they are saying they need NOC from other tenant and from owner of accomodation.....does anyone have similar experience and getting it through and can anyone share sample NOC which can be obtained??

Anis

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm

anishpadela wrote:
krssubbu wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Hi...

I inquired with VFS, India and got below reply.

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

We understand your concern, Applicants need to provide rental agreement, leased agreement or mortgaged paper (incase of own accommodation) for accommodation proof. If the accommodation is in some other’s the name then you need to get a NOC from the other tenant and from the owner of the accommodation as well.

So they are saying they need NOC from other tenant and from owner of accomodation.....does anyone have similar experience and getting it through and can anyone share sample NOC which can be obtained??

Anis

Better get a agreement from estate agent otherwise u r riskig yr fees (50%) chances , it not cost a heave than getting NOC and than unnessary argument with EC.

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:42 am

Following the link by vinny:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... n#18177546

there will be no problem I guess. since 7.5 persons can live in a 4 bedroom house maximum.
So in 4 bedroom house, 5 people wont be a problem.
Seniors, correct me if I am wrong.

===========================
My question is do all the following documents are in original?
1. Tenancy agreement: The original is with my landlord, i have photo copy of it. Is it ok?
2. Council tax bill: this is on my friend's name and my name included as permitted occupier in the agreement.

thanks